Sunlit images of Silentflight Glide Computer next to IPAQ3850

Old May 25th 10, 01:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy[_1_]

Default Sunlit images of Silentflight Glide Computer next to IPAQ3850

On May 24, 4:44*pm, Mike wrote:

Andy, if the PNA's baud rate can be set by XCSoar it should work?

It is my understanding that the HP31x will not support 4800 baud even
if the port configuration menu of XCSoar or LK8000 suggests that it
can be selected. So I'm curious to know if this PNA will actually
support 4800 baud.

The 302 can be configured for higher baud rates according the the port
specification document but it defaults to 4800 on next power up.

Andy

Old May 25th 10, 03:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tuno

Not to drag the thread off topic but does XCSoar (or KL8000) play well
with LX5000/700x systems?

Like the 302, these devices provide pressure data (vario, airspeed,
etc) via "WinPilot" sentences (but at a much higher baud rate). I
prefer my PDA software to leverage these pressure data for its
calculations where appropriate and not rely strictly on NMEA. (I can't
imagine a thermal assistant or bread crumb implimentation that does
not use real vario pressure data.)

I've browsed the XCSoar wiki but unable to come up with a clear
answer.

ted/2NO
Old May 25th 10, 04:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Wayne Paul

I don't know the answer; however, here is the place where my may be able to find it.
http://www.postfrontal.com/forum/default.asp?CAT_ID=11

Wayne
http://www.soaridaho.com

Old May 25th 10, 04:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy[_1_]

On May 25, 7:59*am, Tuno wrote:
I can't imagine a thermal assistant or bread crumb implimentation that does
not use real vario pressure data.)

One of the attactions of an HP 310 with LK8000 was the expectation
that it would provide a fully portable system that I could use when
instructing or flying solo XC in club gliders. In other words, the
expectation that it would work without needing an intelligent vario
was significant to me. However, the internal GPS does not track the
glider position properly in thermals and it therefore cannot produce a
circling wind estimate. Most of the time it will not even transition
to climb mode. Those that like to fly 2 county wide circles when
thermalling may see different results.

As Wayne suggested, the postfrontal forum is probably the best place
to go for other user's experience with LK8000 interfacing systems.

Andy
Old May 25th 10, 05:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tuno

Does this device connect to an LX5000/700x, or Cambridge 302, and if
so, how?
Old May 26th 10, 11:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
TRKA

On 25 Mai, 18:49, Tuno wrote:
Does this device connect to an LX5000/700x, or Cambridge 302, and if
so, how?

And another fake try! Put them side by side and facing in the sunlight
not sunlight from the back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old May 27th 10, 10:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On May 25, 8:47*am, Andy wrote:
On May 25, 7:59*am, Tuno wrote:

I can't *imagine a thermal assistant or bread crumb implimentation that does
not use real vario pressure data.)

One of the attactions of an HP 310 with LK8000 was the expectation
that it would provide a fully portable system that I could use when
instructing or flying solo XC in club gliders. * In other words, the
expectation that it would work without needing an intelligent vario
was significant to me. *However, the internal GPS does not track the
glider position properly in thermals and it therefore cannot produce a
circling wind estimate. *Most of the time it will not even transition
to climb mode. *Those that like to fly 2 county wide circles when
thermalling may see different results.

As Wayne suggested, the postfrontal forum is probably the best place
to go for other user's experience with LK8000 interfacing systems.

Andy

Want to point you guys to Vladimir Flux's htttp://glidertools.com
He has an interesting Bluetooth interface and a very interesting
glider that's worth checking out too.

Al
Old May 27th 10, 10:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On May 26, 3:58*am, TRKA wrote:
On 25 Mai, 18:49, Tuno wrote:

Does this device connect to an LX5000/700x, or Cambridge 302, and if
so, how?

And another fake try! Put them side by side and facing in the sunlight
not sunlight from the back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know what why don't you buy one and do it yourself!!

Photo's were taken around noon so sun would be at its highest.
You have the 2 devices side by side.

There is not other test to do apart from you go fly with one you just
bought unless of course your Grunau Baby does not have 12V power.

Al
Old May 27th 10, 04:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
bildan

On May 27, 3:41*am, "
wrote:
On May 26, 3:58*am, TRKA wrote:

On 25 Mai, 18:49, Tuno wrote:

Does this device connect to an LX5000/700x, or Cambridge 302, and if
so, how?

And another fake try! Put them side by side and facing in the sunlight
not sunlight from the back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know what why don't you buy one and do it yourself!!

Photo's were taken around noon so sun would be at its highest.
You have the 2 devices side by side.

There is not other test to do apart from you go fly with one you just
bought unless of course your Grunau Baby does not have 12V power.

Al

Al, you have what looks to be an excellent device but keep an eye on
this.
http://www.technologyreview.com/computing/25395/?a=f
Old May 31st 10, 10:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
TRKA

On 27 Mai, 11:41, " wrote:
On May 26, 3:58*am, TRKA wrote:

On 25 Mai, 18:49, Tuno wrote:

Does this device connect to an LX5000/700x, or Cambridge 302, and if
so, how?

And another fake try! Put them side by side and facing in the sunlight
not sunlight from the back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know what why don't you buy one and do it yourself!!

Photo's were taken around noon so sun would be at its highest.
You have the 2 devices side by side.

There is not other test to do apart from you go fly with one you just
bought unless of course your Grunau Baby does not have 12V power.

Al

You are funny guy. I have Ipaq 3850, Ipaq H5550, Ipaq 310 and also
made Photos and comparison. On direct sunlight the 3850 and the 5550
never never are so dark. So what do you try here?

http://www.postfrontal.com/forum/top...Terms=sunlight

Again, put both display in direct sunlight that is the best compare.
The 3850 has the best screen for soaring. Everybody knows that, so
your test and your pictures are very funny.

Glide computer review Itsaplane[_2_] Soaring 24 December 11th 09 05:43 PM
Cheap Glide Computer Uncle Fuzzy Soaring 18 November 9th 09 09:24 PM
iPhone Glide Computer Kloudy via AviationKB.com Soaring 13 September 13th 07 03:41 AM
Glide computer Mark Siegelberg Soaring 1 January 13th 07 01:08 PM
Best Glide computer and why Roger Soaring 10 October 24th 06 08:28 PM