Tow Hook on Cessna 180 - Update

Old January 8th 17, 11:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
rec.aviation.soaring

Default Tow Hook on Cessna 180 - Update

On Saturday, January 7, 2017 at 5:46:02 AM UTC-5, wrote:
Hello Stuart,

Thank you for all the information. I am planning to install tow hook on our C180 in India. I badly need STC for installing hook otherwise local regulatory authority will not spar me. Please advise,How can get SSA copies of STC's issued to Javelin Aircraft Company for tow hook installation on Cessna 180.

regards
Ahmed

Ahmed,

Have you contacted the Soaring Society of America about getting copies of the STC SA65CE Drawing? The Soaring Society of America (SSA) owns the STC rights (like a patent) and you may need to buy an SSA membership or otherwise pay for the right to use the STC.

I have a poor quality scan of the drawing for the bracket which I got from the SSA. The STC was for a part (bracket) that was manufactured by Javelin Aircraft. The STC Drawing does not give all the dimensions needed to fabricate the bracket but I was able to fabricate a workable version from the drawing by using dimensions from the Scott Tail Wheel assembly on my Cessna 180.
Old January 8th 17, 11:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
rec.aviation.soaring

On Saturday, January 7, 2017 at 5:46:02 AM UTC-5, wrote:
Hello Stuart,

Thank you for all the information. I am planning to install tow hook on our C180 in India. I badly need STC for installing hook otherwise local regulatory authority will not spar me. Please advise,How can get SSA copies of STC's issued to Javelin Aircraft Company for tow hook installation on Cessna 180.

regards
Ahmed

Ahmed,

Curt's post above had a better link.
Look at the AC-43.13-2B this may be what you need: https://www.faa.gov/documentLibrary/...2043.13-2B.pdf

It has a photograph of the Cessna 180 Tow hitch Bracket

Stuart
Old April 10th 20, 05:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Stuart

The SSA was kind enough to mail me nice copies of STC's issued to Javelin

Aircraft Company for tow hook installation on Cessna 180

The SSA have lost some of the pages required for the STC and Gasser is no longer in business and the company who bought them no longer have drawings of the bracket. I'm trying to help find them find what information exists.

If you still have copies they may be the only copies in existence. By any chance do you have copies of the Javelin drawings or any drawings from Gasser?

Thanks

Craig

Old April 10th 20, 10:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
rec.aviation.soaring

On Friday, April 10, 2020 at 12:15:31 AM UTC-4, wrote:
Stuart

The SSA was kind enough to mail me nice copies of STC's issued to Javelin

Aircraft Company for tow hook installation on Cessna 180

The SSA have lost some of the pages required for the STC and Gasser is no longer in business and the company who bought them no longer have drawings of the bracket. I'm trying to help find them find what information exists.

If you still have copies they may be the only copies in existence. By any chance do you have copies of the Javelin drawings or any drawings from Gasser?

Thanks

Craig

Craig,

I think I have the complete STC for a towhook on Cessna 180 and 185. Who did you contact at the SSA? I prefer to end it to them so they will have it on file. They are the owner. Once they have it on file they can respond to requests.

Stuart