Submit your aviation photos!

Old October 12th 05, 10:20 PM
Dave Stadt

If this is about John Miller I spent time with him a couple of weeks ago and
mentally there is no doubt he is more than capable of flying his Bonanza
IFR. Physically he looks and acts in better shape than someone 25 years his
junior. He talked about his blood pressure and other vitals and they were
good for a 40 year old. I'd let him fly my plane any day, anywhere,
anytime.

"Gig 601XL Builder" wr.giacona@coxDOTnet wrote in message
I know the idiot we all know as Skylune was making fun of this older pilot
but if you read the story that goes with the picture it is pretty good.

It is basically a story about the aging of the pilot population and here I
quote...

QUOTE

It's not the only thing keeping Miller from getting behind the yoke,
however. His medical certificate expired in July, and the doctor who has
signed off on him for years is reluctant to do so now, he says.

"He knows I'll pass it; I've been passing it every year for years," said
Miller, who still flies, but only with another pilot next to him. Miller

is
trying to find another doctor who will vouch for him.

"I've just been given the runaround," he said.

Does a AME have the right to just not pass someone if they pass all the
tests and have no disqualifying medical condition?

"Skylune" wrote in message
lkaboutaviation.com...
The photo in this article might be of interest.

http://www.northjersey.com/page.php?...ZWVFRX l5Mg==

Old October 12th 05, 11:38 PM
PokerGTA.com

No Problem.

www.myaltitude.blogspot.com

Old October 13th 05, 12:15 AM
Peter Duniho

"Gig 601XL Builder" wr.giacona@coxDOTnet wrote in message
[...]
Does a AME have the right to just not pass someone if they pass all the
tests and have no disqualifying medical condition?

Of course not. Nor is it clear what the motive might be for an AME to
choose to do otherwise.

On the other hand, it's possible that the person quoted isn't telling the
whole story, and that there's a good reason his current AME isn't willing to
sign him off. Or perhaps he's simply run into the same red tape anyone who
isn't a slam-dunk for medical certification runs into; it doesn't mean they
don't meet the standards to receive a medical, just that they may have more
paperwork and medical exams to complete.

The text you quoted provides only one side to the story, and not much of
that side either. I wouldn't waste much time worrying about the specifics,
without having the full story from both sides.

Pete

Old October 13th 05, 12:18 AM
PokerGTA.com

Old October 13th 05, 01:51 AM
Bob Fry

"ma" == ma writes:

ma Jay, Buddy you have some issues. Check out that site first.

ma Yikes...

ma Maybe you didn't have your coffee yet.

Maybe Jay had too much coffee.
Old October 13th 05, 02:27 AM
PokerGTA.com

True!

www.myaltitude.blogspot.com

Old October 13th 05, 05:17 AM
Jay Beckman

"Bob Fry" wrote in message
"ma" == ma writes:

ma Jay, Buddy you have some issues. Check out that site first.

ma Yikes...

ma Maybe you didn't have your coffee yet.

Maybe Jay had too much coffee.

No, Jay had a very bad experience once with someone who wanted to use some
of his photos...

Once Bitten ... Twice Shy

Old October 13th 05, 03:44 PM
Leffy Gold