This newsgroup

Old October 1st 10, 08:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default This newsgroup

Mark wrote:
On Oct 1, 2:44Â*pm, wrote:
Mark wrote:
On Oct 1, 12:39Â*pm, wrote:
Mark wrote:
On Oct 1, 12:07Â*am, wrote:
Mark wrote:
You can enhance your knowledge and insight
about flying and aviation by attending flight
school. But it's formal and structured.

You can learn on your own. That works well
for getting answers to questions that *you*
thought of. But it limits spontaneity.

No clue as to how to read books, I guess.

Yes Jim Pennino, I have no clue as to how to
read books. Â*Sure, I went to college on a scholarship,
but still, the enigma of books mystified me the
entire time. There were no buttons, and I never
did find the plug-in cord. Even worse, only one side
of them was actually connected. The other 3
sides just flopped open, rendering them useless.

Typical brainless response.

Actual brainless response.

It is obvious you have no clue what the term "self study" means, how to
do it, or what a CFI will do when you tell him/her you are doing it.

snip babble

In my case, just as I did in college, I memorize the
information ahead of time. This saves ground school
bucks being paid out, because I simply and quickly
answered the questions with each level of advancement.

If you really understand self study and how it works, why were you taking,
and paying for, a ground school at all?

The way that works is this. Even if it's 15 minutes,
(instead of 2 hours) you still get billed for that time.
It goes under the category of ground school, along
with anything else that adds up which doesn't
fall under flying time...as calculated off the Hobbs
meter.

The CFI is *required* to verify that you've learned
enough to continue advancement before you get
the keys to the plane. It's FAA.

Nope, the CFI is required to certify that you are ready to take the
knowledge test. That has nothing to do with "the keys to the plane".

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.
Old October 1st 10, 08:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mark

On Oct 1, 3:21*pm, wrote:
Mark wrote:
On Oct 1, 2:44*pm, wrote:
Mark wrote:
On Oct 1, 12:39*pm, wrote:
Mark wrote:
On Oct 1, 12:07*am, wrote:
Mark wrote:
You can enhance your knowledge and insight
about flying and aviation by attending flight
school. But it's formal and structured.

You can learn on your own. That works well
for getting answers to questions that *you*
thought of. But it limits spontaneity.

No clue as to how to read books, I guess.

Yes Jim Pennino, I have no clue as to how to
read books. *Sure, I went to college on a scholarship,
[...]

Remove .spam.sux to reply.- Hide quoted text -

The CFI must follow the syllabus as per the FAA.

If you aren't up to speed, they aren't following the
rules towards your certification.

If they do give you the keys, then you're basically
just going for a joy ride outside of the program.

---
Mark
Old October 1st 10, 09:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Mark wrote:

The CFI must follow the syllabus as per the FAA.

The FAA doesn't put out a syllabus, the CFI/school generates his/her own
syllabus based on the FAA subject requirements.

If you aren't up to speed, they aren't following the
rules towards your certification.

If they do give you the keys, then you're basically
just going for a joy ride outside of the program.

Meaningless babble.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.
Old October 1st 10, 09:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ari Silverstein

On Fri, 1 Oct 2010 11:13:35 -0700 (PDT), Mark wrote:

Let me tell you how things work in a flight school in a
GA airport.

*ROTFLMAO*
--
A fireside chat not with Ari!
http://tr.im/holj
Old October 1st 10, 09:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ari Silverstein

On Fri, 1 Oct 2010 12:09:21 -0700 (PDT), Mark wrote:

The CFI is *required* to verify that you've learned
enough to continue advancement before you get
the keys to the plane. It's FAA.

*God you are a dumbass.*
--
A fireside chat not with Ari!
http://tr.im/holj
Old October 1st 10, 09:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ken S. Tucker

On Fri, 01 Oct 2010 19:08:02 +0200, Mxsmanic wrote:

Usenet is in decline because most people don't know how to use it, and indeed
most people don't know how it exists.

Evidence this in this moron Mark MIT who somehow missed Commmon
Sense 101, how to use a newsread Outlook Express doesn't count) and
sucks donlkey balls. For a living. To add to his welfare check.

No ****.
Old October 2nd 10, 12:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
george

On Oct 2, 11:45*am, wrote:

The archives don't go back that far.

How do I know that?

Simple, I searched for stuff I posted way back then.

When Google bought out/replaced DejaNews there was (apparently) an
agreement that they would maintain the old archives.

But then that was a long time ago
Old October 2nd 10, 12:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

george wrote:
On Oct 2, 11:45Â*am, wrote:

The archives don't go back that far.

How do I know that?

Simple, I searched for stuff I posted way back then.

When Google bought out/replaced DejaNews there was (apparently) an
agreement that they would maintain the old archives.

But then that was a long time ago

Yep, I used to be able to find all my old posting on the old dejanews,
but not anymore.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.

I'm never reading this newsgroup again Stealth Pilot[_2_] Piloting 93 July 23rd 08 06:44 AM
New to the Newsgroup CareBear Piloting 34 October 5th 06 04:22 AM
New Newsgroup. pbc76049 Products 0 December 15th 05 07:36 PM
RAH newsgroup [email protected] Home Built 16 February 16th 05 09:14 PM
This newsgroup Greasy Rider Naval Aviation 0 February 29th 04 09:11 PM