CHTs - What is acceptable?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 19th 04, 05:43 AM
tony roberts

Nobody here can give you the correct CHT for your aircraft.
The engine manufacturer can, although it's like pulling teeth trying to
get it.

As a general rule, if you hold climbout to a max of 380CHT/1425 EGT and
cruise max at 350 CHT/1380EGT you won't seize or damage anything - that
is not to say that you will be at your most efficient - only that you
won't damage anything.

The most knowledgeable people I have found on this topic are Advance
Pilot Seminars. Walter Atkinson is one of their instructors and he is
often available at Cessna Owner Organization Forums.
I learned more about this subject from him than anyone else.
He teaches ROP leaning on carbs and LOP leaning on Gamis.
He really knows his subject and is the person that I recommend to answer
your question.

HTH

Tony
--

Tony Roberts
PP-ASEL

In article ,
(TripFarmer) wrote:

What is an acceptable CHT in cruise? How hot can one stay in extended cruise
flight? I've got 6 new ones and want to take care of them.

Thanks in advance.

Trip

Fwd: [BD4] Source of HIGH CHTs on O-320 and O-360 FOUND! Bruce A. Frank Home Built 1 July 4th 04 07:28 PM
PC flight simulators Bjørnar Bolsøy Military Aviation 178 December 14th 03 12:14 PM
High CHTs on Cessna 175 Ron Natalie Owning 2 September 9th 03 02:14 AM
#1 Jet of World War II Christopher Military Aviation 203 September 1st 03 03:04 AM
Long-range Spitfires and daylight Bomber Command raids (was: #1 Jet of World War II) The Revolution Will Not Be Televised Military Aviation 20 August 27th 03 09:14 AM