Need 30 More hours 200HR TT In 1 Year

Old September 10th 04, 11:42 AM
NW_PILOT

Default Need 30 More hours 200HR TT In 1 Year

Update,

I almost put in 200 hours TT this year the 29th of this month will be 1 year
since I started after my bout with phenomena and a collapsed lung. I am
about 30 hours short of 200TT it should not be a problem if the weather
holds to do them 30 hours. I got 1 more round at the dentist and 2 more
teeth to be pulled on the 24th "Ill tell you all Dry Socket Really Sucks
Glad It's Over, So Dose 3 Hours In Chair Being Cut On And Hammard On" I Also
hope to put in 200 hours PIC by December 14 2004 1 year from earning my
PP-ASEL. October 22 Is the Day I soloed and the say I quit smoking (3 packs
a day) Cold Turkey I have not had any tobacco products since.

Furthest Flown In 1 Day SOLO From: Vancouver, WA (59S) TO: Crosby, ND (D50)

Well talk with you all later 3:30am and Time For Bed

Steven L Rhine
C-150 N7676U
Home Base; Evergreen Field (59S)
PP-ASEL
Instrument Student
Home Page: Http://www.warflying.net

Old September 10th 04, 12:54 PM
Jay Honeck

Dang, that's a bunch of solo hours.

Mary and I have about 200 hours this year -- together!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old September 10th 04, 01:32 PM
Bob Moore

"Jay Honeck" wrote
Dang, that's a bunch of solo hours.

He must have spent most of his time in an airplane instead
of an English Composition class.

Bob Moore
Old September 10th 04, 02:38 PM
Jay Honeck

Dang, that's a bunch of solo hours.

He must have spent most of his time in an airplane instead
of an English Composition class.

:-)

I met a Cirrus demo pilot the other day who put 900+ hours in last year.

I can't fathom that -- although I'd like to try it someday.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old September 10th 04, 03:06 PM
Paul Sengupta

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
I met a Cirrus demo pilot the other day who put 900+ hours in last year.

I can't fathom that -- although I'd like to try it someday.

Ok if someone else is paying for the petrol!

Just in fuel that would cost me more than my salary. Before tax!

Paul

Old September 10th 04, 04:39 PM
G.R. Patterson III

Bob Moore wrote:

"Jay Honeck" wrote
Dang, that's a bunch of solo hours.

He must have spent most of his time in an airplane instead
of an English Composition class.

At 3:30 AM, I don't type very well either.

George Patterson
If you want to know God's opinion of money, just look at the people
he gives it to.
Old September 10th 04, 04:41 PM
G.R. Patterson III

Jay Honeck wrote:

I met a Cirrus demo pilot the other day who put 900+ hours in last year.

I can't fathom that -- although I'd like to try it someday.

I can't either. My top year was a little over 100, and much of that was getting used
to the Maule.

Old September 10th 04, 07:25 PM
David Herman

"NW_PILOT" wrote in message
[...]

Congrats on the many successful milestones - sounds like you have (and
continue to) work through several issues there.

I put in around 200 hours last year, probably will fall a bit short of that
this year but still should be somewhere around 180 hours or so (depends on
the weather - it seems like we may be in for an unusually early fall this
year). Witt he shorter days and the coming of the Big Gray Drip I figure
now's the time to get in a few more long day trips. Hope the weather
cooperates!

--
David Herman
N6170T 1965 Cessna 150E

Old September 10th 04, 08:09 PM
Michael

"Jay Honeck" wrote
I met a Cirrus demo pilot the other day who put 900+ hours in last year.
I can't fathom that -- although I'd like to try it someday.

I used to say that. Then I got a bunch of instructor ratings, and all
of a sudden people were actually paying me to fly. I guess I went
overboard - I had multiple students going, and the next thing I knew,
I had over 300 hours for the year and it wasn't even over.

I noticed something else, too. I wasn't looking forward to flying the
way I used to. Sometimes I got in the airplane with no enthusiasm at
all. It was becoming too much like work. It was also absorbing every
spare moment I had. I even started talking about selling my airplane.

I don't do that anymore. I carefully limit the number of students I
take on. I'm back to my preferred level of flying - about 20 hours a
month, give or take. I'm back to looking forward to every flight, and
back to having time for doing other things.

And every time I think about flying for a living, I think about that
year.

Michael
Old September 11th 04, 02:28 AM
Jay Honeck

Just in fuel that would cost me more than my salary. Before tax!

Mine, too -- but that's cuz I'm pouring everything we make back into the
hotel remodeling...

Of course, your petrol prices are a wee bit higher than ours, no?

;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA