Happy Thanksgiving from Down Under

Old November 25th 10, 12:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler

Default Happy Thanksgiving from Down Under

Happy Thanksgiving all in USA !

From Oz, where the days are long and warm,
the Jacaranda trees are in full bloom, there
are sunbathers in the parks, and the skies are
kinda like Uvalde.

Today I got my ASH-25 familiarization and
local checkout. A friend here has lent me an
ASH-25 equipped with twin turbines, as an
electric two-seater was not available:
http://www.onlinecontest.org/olc-2.0...l?dsId=1583568
Woulda been longer but I had to do some
sight-seeing in the Warrabungle mountains.

We're using the ASH for flight-test of
PowerFLARM and the latest revisions of
FLARM, at the Lake Keepit regionals.
Hope it doesn't rain, as rain seems to be
following me this year (Seniors, 18m
nationals, open nationals, and Oshkosh).

Hope your Thanksgiving is as entertaining,
and that you have as much to be thankful
for,

Best Regards, Dave "YO electric"
Old November 25th 10, 02:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy[_1_]

On Nov 25, 5:00*am, Dave Nadler wrote:
Happy Thanksgiving all in USA !

From Oz, where the days are long and warm,

electric two-seater was not available:http://www.onlinecontest.org/olc-2.0....html?dsId=158...
Woulda been longer but I had to do some
sight-seeing in the Warrabungle mountains.

We're using the ASH for flight-test of
PowerFLARM and the latest revisions of
FLARM, at the Lake Keepit regionals.
Hope it doesn't rain, as rain seems to be
following me this year (Seniors, 18m
nationals, open nationals, and Oshkosh).

Hope your Thanksgiving is as entertaining,
and that you have as much to be thankful
for,

Best Regards, Dave "YO electric"

Hi Dave,

Please bring back some photos of the turbine installation and also of
the PowerFLARM.

thanks

Andy (GY)
Old November 25th 10, 04:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

On 11/25/2010 4:00 AM, Dave Nadler wrote:

Today I got my ASH-25 familiarization and
local checkout. A friend here has lent me an
ASH-25 equipped with twin turbines, as an
electric two-seater was not available:
http://www.onlinecontest.org/olc-2.0...l?dsId=1583568
Woulda been longer but I had to do some
sight-seeing in the Warrabungle mountains.

Does it self-launch?

email me)
- "Transponders in Sailplanes - Feb/2010" also ADS-B, PCAS, Flarm
http://tinyurl.com/yb3xywl
- "A Guide to Self-launching Sailplane Operation Mar/2004" Much of what
you need to know tinyurl.com/yfs7tnz
Old November 25th 10, 04:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS

On Nov 25, 4:00*am, Dave Nadler wrote:
Happy Thanksgiving all in USA !

An excellent opportunity to test the PowerFLARM. Have fun at Narromine
with Paul in Golf Oscar.
Believe Paul is selling shares, if anyone is interested. GO used to
be an E but that engine was sold a while ago.
Dave, when you get there maybe you can see if my car at Lake Keepit
will start. It's the white Holden wagon in the same hangar as the Duo.
Haven't seen it since January.
Jim
Old November 25th 10, 08:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler

On Nov 26, 3:25*am, JS wrote:
On Nov 25, 4:00*am, Dave Nadler wrote: Happy Thanksgiving all in USA !

An excellent opportunity to test the PowerFLARM. Have fun at Narromine
with Paul in Golf Oscar.
* Believe Paul is selling shares, if anyone is interested. GO used to
be an E but that engine was sold a while ago.
* Dave, when you get there maybe you can see if my car at Lake Keepit
will start. It's the white Holden wagon in the same hangar as the Duo.
Haven't seen it since January.
Jim

I'm flying the ASH (GO) with Urban testing gizmos.
Paul's flying his SZD-55.
Send me an email with the location of your keys
and I'll try get the Holden started...

See ya, Dave "YO electric"
Old November 27th 10, 06:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

Dear Dave,

You Suck!

Happy (late) Thanksgiving,

Tony
Old November 28th 10, 11:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
libelle40

On 26/11/2010 07:20, Dave Nadler wrote:

I'm flying the ASH (GO) with Urban testing gizmos.
Paul's flying his SZD-55.
Send me an email with the location of your keys
and I'll try get the Holden started...

See ya, Dave "YO electric"

Keys!! To start a Holden!!

Twenty years ago, most of the teenagers within 50 miles of Lake Keepit
would have been able to start it in about 20 seconds without keys -
including the time to get the locked door open!

If it's the age of most gliding club cars, they probably still can.

GC

Old November 28th 10, 01:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard[_9_]

On Nov 28, 3:01*am, libelle40 wrote:
On 26/11/2010 07:20, Dave Nadler wrote:

I'm flying the ASH (GO) with Urban testing gizmos.
Paul's flying his SZD-55.
Send me an email with the location of your keys
and I'll try get the Holden started...

See ya, Dave "YO electric"

Keys!! *To start a Holden!!

Twenty years ago, most of the teenagers within 50 miles of Lake Keepit
would have been able to start it in about 20 seconds without keys -
including the time to get the locked door open!

If it's the age of most gliding club cars, they probably still can. *

GC

I owned a Holden when I was on Guam many years ago. It was puke
green. It had three gas tanks, the rusted out original, and two 5
gallon cans in the trunk and one rear brake.
It was a Guam Bomb Crew Car named Bill. Purchase from Captain
Commander for $50, his parting words were "Take good care of Bill".
Bill would transports us from Andersen AFB to the highest point in
the Island Top of the Mar, the Navy Officers Club. There was much
smoke in the cockpit and the engine would freeze as we coasted into
the parking lot, but Bill was ready to go again after dinner.
I gave Bill to the crew bus driver when we left Guam. There were
many sightings thru the years.

Richard
www.craggyaero.com

Happy Thanksgiving, all! Jay Honeck Piloting 10 November 22nd 07 05:31 PM
Happy Thanksgiving! Jay Honeck Piloting 38 November 25th 06 06:53 AM
Happy Thanksgiving, all! Jay Honeck Piloting 13 November 28th 05 03:25 AM
Happy Thanksgiving gaylon9 Rotorcraft 0 November 25th 04 03:28 PM
Happy Thanksgiving John Gaquin Piloting 1 November 26th 03 06:32 PM