Let's get back on track

Old November 23rd 08, 12:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
Jim[_9_]

Default Let's get back on track

Looks like time to return to our roots. So here is a variation of a post
I've used over the years. Let's hear from some aviators.

The scenario: Our nation is in a major conflict. You have been tasked
to go to AMARC at Davis-Monthan Air Force Base to retrieve and reactivate
airframes for service. Due to the magic of science any engine or weapons
system can be adapted to those old airframes.

So what will you pick? Why?

Old November 23rd 08, 11:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
Marine Airdale

On Nov 22, 6:41*pm, Jim wrote:

So what will you pick? *Why? *

I'm not an "aviator" nor have I ever played one on TV but my selection
would have to be the F-4 Phantom if for no other reason than it looks
like the ultimate killing machine.
Old November 23rd 08, 11:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
Jack G[_2_]

I'm not an "aviator" nor have I ever played one on TV but my selection
would have to be the F-4 Phantom if for no other reason than it looks
like the ultimate killing machine.

Seconded!

Jack G.

Old November 24th 08, 07:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
T.L. Davis

On 22 Nov 2008 23:41:23 GMT, Jim wrote:

Looks like time to return to our roots. So here is a variation of a post
I've used over the years. Let's hear from some aviators.

The scenario: Our nation is in a major conflict. You have been tasked
to go to AMARC at Davis-Monthan Air Force Base to retrieve and reactivate
airframes for service. Due to the magic of science any engine or weapons
system can be adapted to those old airframes.

So what will you pick? Why?

GREAT question. Not an aviator, but...

B-58 Hustler - intercontinental Mach 2+ atomic bombing capability.

F-111 - tactical supersonic bombing capability, ECM capability.

F-104 - Mach 2 interceptor.

F-105 - Mach 1-2 tactical/atomic bombing capability/ECM capability

SR-71/YF-12A - Mach 3 recon/interceptor capability.

F-14 - Naval air superiority fighter/supersonic tactical bombing.

F-117 - stealth subsonic tactical bombing.

Best engine/weapons/ECM packages available.

T.L. Davis

Old November 24th 08, 10:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
Dave in Sandy Eggo

"Jack G" wrote in news:ggcn86$pd4$1
@news.motzarella.org:

I'm not an "aviator" nor have I ever played one on TV but my selection
would have to be the F-4 Phantom if for no other reason than it looks
like the ultimate killing machine.

Seconded!

Jack G.

You folks obviously never had to fix them, either. "Maintenance Hogs 'R' Us"

Dave in Sandy Eggo
AT1 USN (Ret)
Old November 24th 08, 01:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
Jim[_9_]

On Mon, 24 Nov 2008 09:42:52 +0000, Dave in Sandy Eggo wrote:

"Jack G" wrote in news:ggcn86$pd4$1
@news.motzarella.org:

I'm not an "aviator" nor have I ever played one on TV but my selection
would have to be the F-4 Phantom if for no other reason than it looks
like the ultimate killing machine.

Seconded!

Jack G.

You folks obviously never had to fix them, either. "Maintenance Hogs 'R'
Us"

Dave in Sandy Eggo
AT1 USN (Ret)

But with the miracle of science that airframe now has any engine or
avionics combination desired. And if you were an AM perhaps we can
include fly by wire.
Old December 26th 08, 03:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
Charlie Wolf[_2_]

OK - I'll play...

My pick?? The Lockheed S-3B, completely retro fitted with the best
ASW gear it had in the past.

Why? My prediction is that CBG's are going to really need some
organic ASW assetts at some point in the next 8 to 10 years.

BTW - the last S-3B squadron will be decommissioned, and the Wing
disestablished, at NAS Jax at the end of January '09.

Regards,

On 22 Nov 2008 23:41:23 GMT, Jim wrote:

Looks like time to return to our roots. So here is a variation of a post
I've used over the years. Let's hear from some aviators.

The scenario: Our nation is in a major conflict. You have been tasked
to go to AMARC at Davis-Monthan Air Force Base to retrieve and reactivate
airframes for service. Due to the magic of science any engine or weapons
system can be adapted to those old airframes.

So what will you pick? Why?

Blue Angels back in Pensacola - practice session - Diamond heading back to the hangar Pensacola Beachcomber Aviation Photos 0 March 23rd 08 05:28 PM
Track ir, a very different sim experience. indoubt Simulators 2 March 7th 08 09:57 AM
Callair B 1 track NVArt Piloting 0 February 17th 08 01:31 AM
Let's get things back on track.... Lynn in StLou[_2_] Aviation Photos 2 August 1st 07 05:09 AM
Track IR ? Denis Winters Simulators 0 August 22nd 03 05:16 AM