What a Wonderful Morning

Old April 15th 08, 12:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Matt W. Barrow

Default What a Wonderful Morning

"B A R R Y" wrote in message
On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 15:46:52 -0700, "Matt W. Barrow"
wrote:

If you don't aim high, all your shots will land short.

And if you aim at nothing, you'll hit it every time!

We aims to please, ya' all!

Old April 15th 08, 12:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Matt W. Barrow

"Morgans" wrote in message

I dream of the day I pay a full million dollars in tax!! Now THAT will be
year to remember! Never going to make it BTW, but it's something to shoot
for!

That's the way I always looked at it.

Yep, and that was my point.

I know I will never get there, teaching school. I do believe that
teachers of all subjects deserve better compensation than they receive,
especially in some states that pay less than other states.

When they merit increases, they should get increases.

My father law had a rule of not discussing specific salary or finances in
public at all. He though it showed a certain lack of manners to do so. I
have to say that I see his point, and think it is a good point.

I didn't want to come off as picking on Denny; just pointing out what was
stated in the above posts.

Then Borrow comes in with an attitude, as he often does. I have to admit,
that sets me off. I won't respond to his posts, on subjects such as this,
though.

Yeah, because it shows what a clueless thug you are.

I am not in favor of tax schedules that keep going up, the more a person
makes, believe it or not. It is not fair when people and corporations
play the tax laws so that they come out paying less (percentage wise) than
middle class working people.

GeezLouise, no wonder you didn't want to talk about it - you're totally
clueless.

If that's what should be paid more for teachers, most of them ignorant
beyond belief, then you're NUTS and shouldn't be allowed within a quarter
mile of any kid.

Old April 15th 08, 01:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Morgans[_2_]

"Matt W. Barrow" wrote

If that's what should be paid more for teachers, most of them ignorant
beyond belief, then you're NUTS and shouldn't be allowed within a quarter
mile of any kid.

From the looks of the above comments, you must have had clueless teachers,
and have not gotten any smarter.

What a bunch of babble!
--
Jim in NC

Old April 15th 08, 02:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Anon

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message
On Apr 14, 1:58 pm, "Anon" wrote:
"Robert M. Gary" wrote in
If the small obligation I have is to pay back a big chunk of it
then that's the price I'll pay. I wonder about those whove been
priveledged
and are bitter and angry about putting back in.

Small? The AMT rate is about 25% for federal married. Add in 10% for
state income tax. Plus figure the overage house costs about $7000/yr
in property taxes, plus airplane property taxes, and we haven't even
paid sales tax. A $300,000 airplane costs $24,000 in sales/use tax.
There is no doubt that many of us spent more than 50% of our income on
taxes one way or another.

-Robert

No doubt, but the other half is mine. If I earned the minimum wage then
food, rent and tranportation would eat up everything I earned. I'm far
beyond big worries like that, and I've got money to save and play after
everything else is done. I'm also healthy as far as I know. It would be just
plain ungrateful to gripe about having to pay my share.
You have a nice day!

Old April 15th 08, 02:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Matt W. Barrow

"Anon" wrote in message

No doubt, but the other half is mine. If I earned the minimum wage then
food, rent and tranportation would eat up everything I earned. I'm far
beyond big worries like that, and I've got money to save and play after
everything else is done. I'm also healthy as far as I know. It would be
just plain ungrateful to gripe about having to pay my share.

Your "share" is...what?

Mine is {family size=3} / Constitutionally authorized federal expenses
{about 600B} / 300 million citizens = $5400.

You have a nice day!

You too.

Old April 15th 08, 02:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Matt W. Barrow

"Morgans" wrote in message

"Matt W. Barrow" wrote

If that's what should be paid more for teachers, most of them ignorant
beyond belief, then you're NUTS and shouldn't be allowed within a quarter
mile of any kid.

From the looks of the above comments, you must have had clueless teachers,
and have not gotten any smarter.

Typical juvenile reponse - nebulous as always.

What a bunch of babble!

Hey, Jim...who is Alex d' Tocqueville?

The phrase "From each according to his ability.." comes from what document?

Who is John Dewey, and what is his influence on schooling today?

How about answering my other points?

You belong in a rubber room, you "Bottom 25%'er".

Old April 15th 08, 02:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Anon

"Matt W. Barrow" wrote in message

Your "share" is...what?

Mine is {family size=3} / Constitutionally authorized federal expenses
{about 600B} / 300 million citizens = $5400.

You have a nice day!

You too.

Now that's some math! I used to race cars. If you want speed there is a
cost, which rises exponentially with the the speed, that extra couple of
percentage points will often double or even triple the cost. Why should
earning be any different? My share is a little higher than most, it's not a
problem.
At least complaining is free. Have another helping.

Old April 15th 08, 03:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Jay Honeck[_2_]

yep, that's our punishment for working hard.

Ah, yes, it's so wonderful to read all the true believers here. I feel
so...purified....

Having just paid our friggin' federal withholding tax for the month today,
this is the PERFECT thread to read at the end of a long day...

:-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old April 15th 08, 04:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Matt W. Barrow

"Anon" wrote in message

"Matt W. Barrow" wrote in message

Your "share" is...what?

Mine is {family size=3} / Constitutionally authorized federal expenses
{about 600B} / 300 million citizens = $5400.

You have a nice day!

You too.

Now that's some math! I used to race cars. If you want speed there is a
cost, which rises exponentially with the the speed, that extra couple of
percentage points will often double or even triple the cost.

Non-sequitur.

Why should earning be any different?

Non-sequitur.

My share is a little higher than most, it's not a problem.

Good for you! You're a good little menchen. Just slurp it up and take your
ration.

At least complaining is free. Have another helping.

Bend over and spread your cheeks...and your wife's and kid's cheeks as well.
No Vaseline? Too bad.

Old April 15th 08, 04:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Matt W. Barrow

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
yep, that's our punishment for working hard.

Ah, yes, it's so wonderful to read all the true believers here. I feel
so...purified....

Having just paid our friggin' federal withholding tax for the month today,
this is the PERFECT thread to read at the end of a long day...

But Jay...they need the money.