I give up, after many, many years!

Old May 13th 08, 10:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell[_2_]

Default I give up, after many, many years!

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
.. .
B A R R Y wrote in
:

On Mon, 12 May 2008 12:14:45 -0700 (PDT), "F. Baum"
wrote:

Partially agree here. At work I see the types who have to make sure
evryone at a party knows they are a pilot. They drive around town
running errands 3 hours before sign in IN their uniforms

FWIW, I know firefighters, mail carriers, a UPS driver, a FedEx driver
and a riverboat pilot that do the same.

True. Some would be just too lazy to change, of course!

In fact I know firefighters that wear something related to
firefighting, like a "DC Collapse Unit" t-shirt, EVERY day.

That's a bit creepy, alright. If you've ever had the opportunity to have
to be consoled for some really major trauma, the feeling that comes from
having someone show you some genuine sympathy is intense, to say the
least. It's a physical reaction, obviously designed to encourage the
person to seek out the assistance of the tribe in hard times and it
feels as good as an orgasm, or what I might imagine a shot of an opiate
might feel like. I'm sure lots here have felt it. It's not hard to see
how it might become addictive, in fact. I've got a notion that it's
probably the reason that people with Munchausen and it's related
ailments do what they do.

Bertie

What a crock of ****. Are you quoting your brother Dudley directly.

Old May 13th 08, 10:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell[_2_]

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
.. .
tman inv@lid wrote in
:

F. Baum wrote:
On May 11, 7:29 pm, Shirl wrote:

The thing I dont get about this list is how everything turns
argumentitive after about a dozen posts on a thread. I dont get

Totally disagree with that one FB. You are way off base here. Let me
start by saying that not _everything_ turns arg after about a dozen
posts -- if only there was one that did not.

You're just trying to start an argument now.

Bertie

Why, because is disagreed with you?

Old May 13th 08, 10:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell[_2_]

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
.. .
Tina wrote in news:2cf9b37f-fa47-4e08-add7-
:

Character, it's been said, is what you do when no one is watching.
These days on the 'net it's demonstrated in other ways. Oh well.

I'm considered a bit of a character rl as well.....

Bertie

That's because they were to gracious to say "piece of ****".

Old May 13th 08, 10:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell[_2_]

"Dudley Henriques" wrote in message
All can be said to be true at any given moment in time.
The bottom line on Usenet as I see it anyway, is in how the individual
sees his/her own interaction with the venue.
When it's all said and done, it will be only this interpretation that
defines the Usenet experience for a specific user.
I agree that it's confusing, and difficult to define; hence this exchange
as an example.
The main thing is that individuals be allowed to express opinion without
attack, but as I'm sure each of us is aware, difficult to achieve on a
consistent basis.
Anyone posting to Usenet for any length of time will eventually be
attacked and most likely assume an online posture more aggressive than
that experienced in everyday life.
The exact placing of the blame for this phenomenon remains for me anyway,
extremely difficult to define clearly and to an exact answer.

--
Dudley Henriques

Geez, what a crock.

Old May 13th 08, 11:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dan Luke[_2_]

wrote:
..

I had one like that, wore it out, and can't find another. Who
makes it?

This one?

http://www.amazon.com/Citizen-Eco-Dr.../dp/B000GDA13W

I have one of these. All I really need in a pilot's watch and it never needs
batteries.

--
Dan
T-182T at BFM

Old May 14th 08, 12:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_2_]

This is not aimed at Dan, but instead, everyone that has put up a response
to the lame thread about pilot's watches, started by MX.

Don't you all have a life?

It is bad enough that people reply to MX butt-lick on real topics, but to
respond to the most often posted, lamest thread, (since the dreaded down
wind turn)....

I simply have no words to express my disgust.

Are you all that lonely?

What am I missing? There are some people that I respect, or used to, that
are included in this thread.

COME ON, PEOPLE ! ! ! WAKE UP ! ! !

That sucking sound is the life being drained from this group.

RESIST THE URGE TO PARTICIPATE in ANY thread that has his participation.

I'm With Jay. I'm outta here.

It has been a nice ride; too bad a butt-lick ex-american, in paris, has the
ability to destroy a great forum.

Wake up. I won't be the last to leave, I'm sure.

Last one out, turn out the lights.

Sigh.
--
Jim in NC

Old May 14th 08, 12:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

Morgans wrote:
[...]

I have a criteria. If anyone posts a legitimate question in a
straightforward and respectful manner, I'll answer that post in kind if
I have an answer.
Posts that don't meet this criteria I treat as the mood hits me.
The post about the watches as far as I could determine was presented in
good faith and answered in kind.

--
Dudley Henriques
Old May 14th 08, 01:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Benjamin Dover

"Morgans" wrote in
:

[...]

It's fun to kick MXSmoron around.

Old May 14th 08, 01:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_2_]

"Dudley Henriques" wrote

I have a criteria. If anyone posts a legitimate question in a
straightforward and respectful manner, I'll answer that post in kind if I
have an answer.

I humbly suggest that you change that criteria.

This is a question from a person that is about to put the last nail in the
coffin of RAP; a place that many people have come to for answers, and you
have helped to provide.

I would suspect that conservetively, there are only about 33% of the posters
stuill here that used to frequent this forum, and most of the missing have
been driven off by him and the trolls that came in "to get" him.

Would you answer questions of a known murderer, about the best way to kill
people, and not get caught? How about giving answers to a known child
abuser, about ways to get young children to come into his house?

I hope you would not honostly answer yes to the above questions, because if
you do, you need help.

You say you want to increase the safety of people flying, right? I believe
you have. If they are not in here, you can't help them. They are not here
because of a person you are enabling, by responding to.

Your criteria should include a part about not answering known trolls. It
does not take much imagination to conclude that he is a troll.

Until you and others start to see it that way, he will stay, and others will
_stay away_.

Like I said, the last one out, turn out the lights.
--
Jim in NC

Old May 14th 08, 01:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell[_2_]

"Morgans" wrote in message

"Dudley Henriques" wrote

[...]

Very well said Jim. I often disagree with you, but today is not one of those
times.

It amazes me how many otherwise sensible people, continue to enable not only
Mx, but Bertie as well, by supplying them with STRAIGHT answers.

They are literally feeding the trolls. It causes me to seriously consider
the agenda of anyone that does so.

DC-3 parts to give away Robert Little Restoration 2 November 23rd 06 03:30 AM
Who can give a checkout? Mark S Conway General Aviation 2 May 9th 05 12:15 AM
Winch give-away KP Soaring 6 January 11th 05 08:04 PM
Did you ever give up on an IR? No Such User Piloting 24 November 26th 03 02:45 PM
FS 2004 give away Ozzie M Simulators 0 November 23rd 03 03:50 PM