Radio ignition noise.

Old August 16th 07, 07:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default Radio ignition noise.

Just put my panel back in after transponder repair. Now I hear a
significant ignition noise on the radio when pressing the mic-tx
button. Same thing from both radios and both Pilot/Copilot sides.
with separate headset inputs. Have a RST-564 Audio Panel.
Have dual LightSpeed Plasma II ignition - the grounding checks
out OK.
---------------------------------------
SQ2000 http://www.abri.com/sq2000

Old August 17th 07, 07:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Morgans[_2_]

"Ron Wanttaja" wrote

Sounds like some element of either the radio, intercom, or transponder
shielding
got messed up when you had your panel apart. Try some temporary tinfoil
shields
to see if you can narrow it down.

And if that does not help, as a last resort, go to the tinfoil hat! g

Sorry, but I can't get tinfoil hats out of my head, when it is talked about
using it for anything other than wrapping food! ;-)
--
Jim in NC

Old August 17th 07, 07:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Ron Wanttaja

On Fri, 17 Aug 2007 02:24:15 -0400, "Morgans" wrote:

"Ron Wanttaja" wrote

Sounds like some element of either the radio, intercom, or transponder
shielding
got messed up when you had your panel apart. Try some temporary tinfoil
shields
to see if you can narrow it down.

And if that does not help, as a last resort, go to the tinfoil hat! g

Heck, tinfoil hats make the problem WORSE!

http://people.csail.mit.edu/rahimi/helmet/

"...For all helmets, we noticed a 30 db amplification at 2.6 Ghz and a 20 db
amplification at 1.2 Ghz, regardless of the position of the antenna on the
cranium... According to the FCC, These bands are supposedly reserved for ''radio
location'' (ie, GPS), and other communications with satellites (see, for
example, [3]). ...It requires no stretch of the imagination to conclude that the
current helmet craze is likely to have been propagated by the Government,
possibly with the involvement of the FCC."

Ron Wanttaja
Old August 17th 07, 07:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Morgans[_2_]

"Ron Wanttaja" wrote

Heck, tinfoil hats make the problem WORSE!

http://people.csail.mit.edu/rahimi/helmet/

"...For all helmets, we noticed a 30 db amplification at 2.6 Ghz and a 20
db
amplification at 1.2 Ghz, regardless of the position of the antenna on the
cranium...

You made a common mistake, by putting the shinny side of the tin foil on the
wrong side. It should be a 30 db signal blocking ability!
--
Jim in NC

Old August 17th 07, 05:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

I have two comm antennas - one inside each composite vertical winglet
(my bird is a canard see http://www.abri.com/sq2000/postbuild01.jpg) -
and the same problem is on either side - tried switching antennas and
turning off the transponder - same problem. I am getting to suspect
something is off in the audio panel. Took the instrument panel off
again and checked all the wires and grounds carefully and could not
find a problem.

On Aug 17, 7:10 am, Stealth Pilot
wrote:

jim weir identified my similar problem as being corrosion under the
antenna wire. a liberal polishing with brasso fixed mine.

Stealth Pilot