I like CFS 1 will I also like CFS 3??

Old April 3rd 04, 03:23 AM
Charlie

Default I like CFS 1 will I also like CFS 3??

Is it worth the price of admission? As I understand it is also set in
Europe..what are the big gains by going to CFS 3? TY

--

- Charlie
Looking for blues harp player in Mississippi for guitar/harp duo

..

Old April 3rd 04, 09:24 AM
ElJerid

"Charlie" wrote in message
Is it worth the price of admission? As I understand it is also set in
Europe..what are the big gains by going to CFS 3? TY

--

- Charlie
Looking for blues harp player in Mississippi for guitar/harp duo

.

I loved CFS2, so I also purchased CFS3. No gains, many bugs, unclear
interface, less features, crashes... I desinstalled it after a few weeks and
don't use it anymore.
Later I did a search on the net for other experiences with CFS3 and found
nothing but negative reports.
You'd better find an old CFS2 and add some aircraft or scenery.

Old April 3rd 04, 06:31 PM
Charlie

Thank you...IO read all the reviews I could find and while they awed at the
scenery and the "new graphics engine" I did not see any really new features
or game play aspects that really set it apart from CFS1. Thanks...I guess
it mat have been an omen anyway I went to Office Max, Officemax Depot, and a
Walmart Supercenter and none of those 3 stores had CFS 3. They do have CFS 1
for $9.98..not a bad deal really.

Old April 3rd 04, 07:45 PM
Frank Hagan

"Charlie" wrote in message
Thank you...IO read all the reviews I could find and while they awed at

the
scenery and the "new graphics engine" I did not see any really new

features
or game play aspects that really set it apart from CFS1. Thanks...I guess
it mat have been an omen anyway I went to Office Max, Officemax Depot, and

Walmart Supercenter and none of those 3 stores had CFS 3. They do have CFS

1
for $9.98..not a bad deal really.

--

- Charlie
Looking for blues harp player in Mississippi for guitar/harp duo

Get CFS2 on eBay for $10 or less. CFS2 is the best of the lot and you can
add-on Battle of Britain if you get tired of the Pacific ;-)

FRH

Old April 3rd 04, 08:55 PM
Bryon Tharnish

Charlie wrote:

Thank you...IO read all the reviews I could find and while they awed at the
scenery and the "new graphics engine" I did not see any really new features
or game play aspects that really set it apart from CFS1. Thanks...I guess
it mat have been an omen anyway I went to Office Max, Officemax Depot, and a
Walmart Supercenter and none of those 3 stores had CFS 3. They do have CFS 1
for $9.98..not a bad deal really.

There are a ton of mods and a couple of commercial add-ons to CFS3 that
make it worth owning. And the gameplay is a lot differnet to CFS1, CFS1
has scripted missions and CFS3 has a dynamic campaign, big difference.
Once CFS3 is tweaked up it is quite good. Get the Firepower add-on if
you do get CFS3. I have CFS1 but I certainly don't put it above CFS3, no
where near actually. I have CFS2 also but it is just scripted missions
too, but it's far better than CFS1. What you should really be buying is
IL2 Sturmovik: Forgotten Battles if you want the best WWII flight simulator.
Old April 3rd 04, 10:15 PM
Charlie

TY Frank and Byron both of you guys gave great insight to this matter..have
a great weekend

Old April 3rd 04, 10:15 PM
Charlie

woops..I mean Bryon

Old April 4th 04, 05:05 AM
R.V. Gronoff

Charlie a écrit :

Is it worth the price of admission? As I understand it is also set in
Europe..what are the big gains by going to CFS 3? TY

You'll certainly love CFS2, and then you'll wanna try IL2 Sturmovik 1
and 2. They're both much better than CFS3.

--
Merci d'enlever le-munster-du-frigo pour me répondre par mail.
ICQ 248572128

"Every morning I wake up
on the wrong side of capitalism."