Fall Colors Flights!

Old October 14th 03, 10:33 PM
Rosspilot

I have a photo shoot up on the Erie Canal (Utica, Oneida . . . that area).
Would like to do it with optimum colors . . is it getting close up

thataway?

I was at Basin Harbor, VT yesterday. B06. The colors are terrific up that
way. The hotel's now closed for the season, so no food's available, but
it's just gorgeous in that part of the country. Dunno if you can make it
that far east (Lake Champlain), but if you can, it's worth it. There's not
a grass strip elsewhere in the Northeast that's in as good shape as this
one. It's like landing on a pool table.

(downside - fuel at BTV, Burlington, VT, is $3.33, sigh...)

I did the flight yesterday--first went up to Cortland County-Chase (N03) to
visit a friend and take him flying . . . then flew northeast toward Utica and
then along the Erie Canal at about 1500 feet as the late afternoon sun hit the
incredible reds, oranges and yellows. Then back home across the ski areas and
reservoirs, with enough tailwind to push me along at 125 kts GS . . . which is
kicking ass for my Skyhawk G. And I refueled at N03--Mogas on the field for
$1.71 yeee-haaw! LOVE that STC.

www.Rosspilot.com