Reported by CNN this morning!!!!!

Old July 21st 03, 05:17 AM
C.D. Damron

"Robert Bonomi" bonomi@c-ns. wrote in message
In article ,

On some _really_ long over-water commercial flights, they carry a complete
relief cockpit crew.

I worked for Saudia, they carried a crew of five on their non-stop flights
to and from the US, which included one or more domestic legs in the US and
Arabia. I think the crewing was three pilots and two engineers. In many
cases, one of the engineers was a pilot, as well.

Old July 21st 03, 06:20 AM
Ernest Christley

Michael McNulty wrote:

Then lets eliminate the required second crew member, if he is not really
needed, and save the labor expense.

Oh hell, I used to drive a truck, and that think had a queen sized bed
right behind the driver. Only ONE person can fly the damn plane, and in
cruise flight it barely needs that.

--
----Because I can----
http://www.ernest.isa-geek.org/

Old July 21st 03, 07:37 AM
Capt. Doug

Maule Driver wrote in message A difference without distinction.

I dunno... Hollywood has a saying about there being no such thing as bad
publicity. Walker's couldn't have bought better publicity. Sure, it was a
little embarrassing, but how many folks saw the broadcast and then Googled
Walker's Cay?

D.

Old July 21st 03, 07:12 PM
Ron Natalie

"G.R. Patterson III" wrote in message ...

One of the PICs can be. This operation requires two, and the other one had
better be in the left seat.

George, you know better than that. There is only one PIC.
There may be two PILOTS requried, but only one is PIC.

Old July 21st 03, 07:23 PM
Montblack

(Richard Lamb wrote)
Do you think CNN wold send out a camera crew for my first flight?

Yes...

....right after the fire dept sends out their crew, but a little before the
NTSB sends out its crew :-)

--
Montblack

Old July 21st 03, 07:25 PM
pac plyer

"Capt. Doug" wrote in message ...
pac plyer wrote in message Right you are Cap Doug... but, Boy, I'm not

touching this one with a ten-foot pole. But you ougtta see how many people
are awake on the
flight deck of a "back door" round the world flight somewhere around
MNL to BOM. ;-)

I've never fallen asleep at the yoke, and I'll never do it again.

D. (I get beers for those stories!)

Cap,

I just realized this sucker is cross-posted to students! Ahem! What
I understood you to mean, and what I meant was that a PIC needs to be
diligent in his duty indeed, to thoroughly scan the overhead panel for
momentary fault lights that could flicker in cruise. I have found the
best way to do this is tell the gear-jerker "you got it" and then
crane my neck back over the headrest to get a better peripheral view
of the circut breaker panels....

(mabey you're right about the "safety breifing" term) ;-)

pac "going to scan the OH for a while" plyer

p.s: never did like CNN anyway.
Old July 22nd 03, 02:34 AM
Richard Lamb

Montblack wrote:

(Richard Lamb wrote)
Do you think CNN wold send out a camera crew for my first flight?

Yes...

...right after the fire dept sends out their crew, but a little before the
NTSB sends out its crew :-)

--
Montblack

Probably.

Maybe we should tease it a bit?

Blither- er i mean Intreped Foo- er Aviator attempts to fly
home made airplane.

Will the converted car motor run long enough to get off the ground?

Will the wings stay on?

Film at eleven!

Tune in and find out.