Trailer license problem

Old June 1st 18, 03:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Whelan[_3_]

Default Trailer license problem

Its inc[r]edibly ironic that a country that can[']t manage the most obvious
need for gun laws, where an AR15 can be purchased readily, makes it so
Byzantine to buy a trailer. Only in ‘Murica.

Ha ha! Nice troll! Undoubtedly all true central planning acolytes are in
complete agreement with these sentiments! Others - not so much. There were/are
plentiful/historically-telling - both then and, arguably, more so now now -
reasons our Founding Fathers presented to Britain's ex-colonists proposed
plans for a federal republic for their approval. Some of us - even soaring
pilots - still think they were keen observers of human nature...and pretty
darned intelligent, too. (Thanks, gentlemen!)

'My' state (CO) pretty much follows the 'NJ model' of wanting their pound of
trailer-owners' flesh, while not being bureaucratically obtuse on the
hoop-jumping front. Curiously, my glider trailer is registered as 'homebuilt'
- which, technically, it is - while my utility trailer is registered as
'glider' - which, technically, it ain't. I no longer remember how this came to
be, but everyone was/is reasonably happy about things...and the feds remain
blissfully uncaring about our petty little in-state trailer registration
dealings. I find that no less satisfying than soaring!!!

Bob W.

---
https://www.avg.com

Old June 1st 18, 05:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS[_5_]

Does it take a mandate to be organised? In states where a title is not required, it is still possible to get one. A small investment of time and money when you buy or build - in California a $21 option - helps when you sell the trailer.
Jim