You guys were right -- thanks!

Old July 26th 03, 11:20 AM
Tom S.

"Montblack" wrote in message
.. .
Think people!!!

Aviation newsgroup ...duh!

It's a bird of prey.

--
Montblack

(Sydney Hoeltzli wrote)
Aren't "Paradigms" a kind of potato crisp (chip)?

I thought it was 20 cents

Hell, I thought it was a couple of ditch diggers.

Tom
--
"Transported to a surreal landscape, a young
girl kills the first woman she meets and then

Old July 26th 03, 11:41 AM
Henry Kisor

Jay, what sorts of changes did the editor want? I'm an editor as well as a
writer whose stuff is subject to editing, and there are certain strictures
magazines require to reflect their style. Some of these strictures make
sense but sometimes an editor wants changes just to show the writer who has
the real power.

"Sydney Hoeltzli" wrote in message
Jay Honeck wrote:

Yeah, I thought so too -- but the editor sent me back a list of things

they
wanted me to change/expand/delete, so I filed it away...

So start by sending it to a different editor.

Wonder if aviation mags have editors at Oshkosh or only reporters?

Cheers,
Sydney

Old July 26th 03, 02:30 PM
Jay Honeck

Jay, what sorts of changes did the editor want? I'm an editor as well as a
writer whose stuff is subject to editing, and there are certain strictures
magazines require to reflect their style. Some of these strictures make
sense but sometimes an editor wants changes just to show the writer who

has
the real power.

Um, let's see if I can remember. I think they wanted me to "expand a bit
more about the old man's life" (impossible, since he's long gone), and they
wanted to remove any reference to the hotel (they saw it as self-serving,
although, of course, the whole reason I KNEW the guy was because I was
picking him up, dropping him off, and letting him use my hotel van), and a
couple of other little things.

I just told them "never mind." Since I'm not doing this for money, I don't
really care WHAT the editor thinks -- if they like it, great. If they don't
like it, great. No difference to me!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old July 26th 03, 02:49 PM
Rod Madsen

I just told them "never mind." Since I'm not doing this for money, I

don't
really care WHAT the editor thinks -- if they like it, great. If they

don't
like it, great. No difference to me!

That's great. You stuck to your guns. What was their response? (Guess
maybe I missed the beginning of this thread)

Rod

Old July 27th 03, 04:30 AM
Jay Honeck

That's great. You stuck to your guns. What was their response? (Guess
maybe I missed the beginning of this thread)

Silence.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old July 27th 03, 06:34 AM
Grumman-581

"BruceG" wrote ...
I've got a BS in management.

Isn't that kind of redundant?

Old July 28th 03, 05:45 AM
Jay Honeck

I can't think of anything better than making money from a hobby you
love.

Congrats Jay, and here's to many more.

Hey -- I just got word that they bought "Final Flight".

They claim to have "edited unnecessary references to the inn", which has me
somewhat alarmed, but I've asked to see what, exactly they've edited. It'll
be interesting to see what happens.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old July 28th 03, 10:50 PM
jeff

And, in Mary's less emotional moments, she will admit that this is true.
But she still likes the fact that her B.S. has always provided a steady
income, while my B.A. has provided stellar periods of success separated by
mid-length periods of hardship.

You'd think after starting three businesses, she'd be used to that by now...

My CFI states that some folks decide to continue with schoolin' in
order to learn more and more, about less and less, until they know
virtually everything about virtually nothing.

Interesting thought.

Jeff

Guys Dummy General Aviation 1 August 23rd 04 11:42 PM
These Guys Should Be Looking Forward Chris Military Aviation 0 October 15th 03 02:09 AM
These Guys Should Be Looking Forward Chris Aviation Marketplace 0 October 15th 03 02:09 AM
I **warned** you guys that if you didn't shape up... Jim Home Built 44 September 28th 03 06:10 PM
Awright, you guys C J Campbell Home Built 3 September 1st 03 03:03 AM