Night flying in the mountians in a cessna 150,

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 22nd 05, 05:28 AM
mindenpilot

"houstondan" wrote in message
oups.com...
nw...enjoy reading your stuff. keep 'em coming. as an owner wannabe
(does holding-up convenience stores really make you a bad person??) i
keep winding up at the conclusion that a 150/2 probably makes the most
sense for me. for now. maybe. maybe that 160hp aerobat taildragger in
trade a plane?? no, there goes the budget again.

the use you are getting out of your 150 is sure encouraging. now, i
expect this is a pretty stupid question but what the heck " do you have
any kind of gps plan if the one and only motor does quit while above
the mountain in the dark? known gps glide-to spots"??

dan

I hate to admit it, but I may have to retract my earlier comment about not
flying over the mountains at night.
Like I said, I fly over the Sierras all the time.
From the time I hit Tahoe, until I get to Placerville, there is literally
NOWHERE to safely put it down.
In fact, I don't think I could even walk away from the plane if I had to put
it down.

With that in mind, what difference would it make if it was light or dark
outside the plane?
I'd be dead either way, right?

I don't know if I'll be doing it anytime soon, but it's definitely food for
thought.

Adam
N7966L
Beech Super III

Did the Germans have the Norden bombsight? Cub Driver Military Aviation 106 May 12th 04 07:18 AM
Night Flying Tips BoDEAN Piloting 7 May 4th 04 03:22 AM
FORSALE: HARD TO FIND CESSNA PARTS! Enea Grande Products 1 November 4th 03 12:57 AM
Headlight for night flying Paul Tomblin Piloting 22 September 27th 03 09:32 AM