Garmin unveiling?

Old July 14th 07, 12:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Peter Clark

Default Garmin unveiling?

On Fri, 13 Jul 2007 13:31:55 -0700, C J Campbell
wrote:

They already had those in the MX20, which I think is being sold by Garmin now.

The GMX200. Nice unit, slightly larger screen and faster processor
than the MX20 they built it from.
Old July 16th 07, 02:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Gig 601XL Builder

On 2007-07-12 14:56:59 -0700, "Robert M. Gary"
said:
On Jul 12, 6:09 am, Nathan Young wrote:
On Thu, 12 Jul 2007 05:36:05 -0700, wrote:
Oshkosh seems to be the place where Garmin rolls out their latest
and greatest products. Any speculation on what the next will be?

From a software standpoint, there are probably lots of little
features that can be improved, but I cannot think of any big
features that the 496 lacks...

Airways. Until they put airways in the GPS systems they will still be
just help tools. This is the same with the G1000. I still have to
carry all my charts and reference them often in flight.

-Robert

Cessna also has it in the G1000 in the Mustang.

Old July 16th 07, 04:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Matt Barrow[_4_]

On 2007-07-12 14:56:59 -0700, "Robert M. Gary"
said:
On Jul 12, 6:09 am, Nathan Young wrote:
On Thu, 12 Jul 2007 05:36:05 -0700, wrote:
Oshkosh seems to be the place where Garmin rolls out their latest
and greatest products. Any speculation on what the next will be?

From a software standpoint, there are probably lots of little
features that can be improved, but I cannot think of any big
features that the 496 lacks...

Airways. Until they put airways in the GPS systems they will still be
just help tools. This is the same with the G1000. I still have to
carry all my charts and reference them often in flight.

-Robert

Cessna also has it in the G1000 in the Mustang.

The G1000 had ChartView (coming "soon" to some installations) whcih has the
LOW-ENROUTE charts.

Old July 16th 07, 04:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Matt Barrow[_4_]

On 2007-07-12 14:56:59 -0700, "Robert M. Gary"
said:
On Jul 12, 6:09 am, Nathan Young wrote:
On Thu, 12 Jul 2007 05:36:05 -0700, wrote:
Oshkosh seems to be the place where Garmin rolls out their latest
and greatest products. Any speculation on what the next will be?

From a software standpoint, there are probably lots of little
features that can be improved, but I cannot think of any big
features that the 496 lacks...

Airways. Until they put airways in the GPS systems they will still be
just help tools. This is the same with the G1000. I still have to
carry all my charts and reference them often in flight.

-Robert

Cessna also has it in the G1000 in the Mustang.

The G1000 had ChartView (coming "soon" to some installations) whcih has
the LOW-ENROUTE charts.

'Scuse me, JeppView.

Old July 16th 07, 06:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Peter Clark

On 2007-07-12 14:56:59 -0700, "Robert M. Gary"
said:
On Jul 12, 6:09 am, Nathan Young wrote:
On Thu, 12 Jul 2007 05:36:05 -0700, wrote:
Oshkosh seems to be the place where Garmin rolls out their latest
and greatest products. Any speculation on what the next will be?

From a software standpoint, there are probably lots of little
features that can be improved, but I cannot think of any big
features that the 496 lacks...

Airways. Until they put airways in the GPS systems they will still be
just help tools. This is the same with the G1000. I still have to
carry all my charts and reference them often in flight.

-Robert

Cessna also has it in the G1000 in the Mustang.

The G1000 had ChartView (coming "soon" to some installations) whcih has
the LOW-ENROUTE charts.

'Scuse me, JeppView.

AAUI, JeppView contains only SID/STAR, airport, and approach charts,
not enroute. At least that's all that was available in the 2007 182T
I just flew.
Old July 16th 07, 06:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Doug[_1_]

Garmin will announce automatic, seamless updating of databases via
satellite radio.

Old July 16th 07, 07:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Gig 601XL Builder

Doug wrote:
Garmin will announce automatic, seamless updating of databases via
satellite radio.

Is that guess or a dream?

Old July 16th 07, 08:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Marco Leon

After I posted a similar question a little while back, someone suggested the
following link. Think 3-D terrain awareness.

https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?cID=148&pID=9157

The more I think about it, the more it seems logical. A constant forward
view driven by the GPS-derived altitude would still provide a level of
terrain awareness without the need to develop/incorporate an AHRS.

Marco

wrote in message
ups.com...
Oshkosh seems to be the place where Garmin rolls out their latest and
greatest products. Any speculation on what the next will be?

My pattern has been to jump 2 model series or when there is a
significant change. I have a 396 in the Bonanza that has earned it's
keep with the XM weather incorporation. This year I upgraded my audio
panel to utilize the audio input.

Speculation?

Bob

Old July 16th 07, 09:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
john smith[_2_]

How long has it been now since Garmin promised support for Mac's, three
years?
I don't believe Garmin-rumors until the product is in the vendor's hands.
Old July 17th 07, 04:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Marco Leon

I don't think anyone here is claiming first, second, or even third-hand
knowledge of the new (if any) Garmin portable. It's all just fun
speculation.

Besides, as a Mac-user, you should be used to the lack of third-party
software support

Marco

"john smith" wrote in message
How long has it been now since Garmin promised support for Mac's, three
years?
I don't believe Garmin-rumors until the product is in the vendor's hands.

XM Wx Garmin 430/430W with Garmin GDL-69? [email protected] Instrument Flight Rules 4 March 5th 07 03:52 AM
New Garmin? Jon A General Aviation 0 June 8th 06 04:00 AM
This is why Garmin 296's street price has been dropping -> Garmin 396 [email protected] Instrument Flight Rules 7 July 11th 05 06:39 PM
A380 unveiling, 1/18/05, Live. A Guy Called Tyketto Piloting 130 February 1st 05 08:53 PM
FS garmin 430 KAPILOT Aviation Marketplace 7 September 2nd 04 07:25 PM