Difference Between FS2002 Pro vs. the Standard Versions?

Old January 8th 04, 06:53 PM
Bill Wolff

Default Difference Between FS2002 Pro vs. the Standard Versions?

I forget what the real difference between FS2002 Pro vs. the Standard
version. I tried searching on the web under Google and I can't find
anything. And was FS2002 the only version that was sold in both
versions?

Bill

---
Old January 8th 04, 07:18 PM
John Fraser

Good afternoon Bill;

"Bill Wolff" wrote in message
I forget what the real difference between FS2002 Pro vs. the Standard
version. I tried searching on the web under Google and I can't find
anything. And was FS2002 the only version that was sold in both
versions?

Bill

A few more airplanes. FS2000 also had Standard and Pro versions. It's
also the only version not to include any airport information other than some
diagrams in the handbook.

Cheers,
John

Old January 11th 04, 04:38 PM
Sniper@SDU/HKPF

May be the "Instructor" feature.

--
James Mak
Student Pilot for IFR

Old January 11th 04, 05:19 PM
T. & D. Gregor, Sr.

Hi James:

"FS2000, FS2002 comes in two flavors: Standard and Professional. The
difference is 20 bucks, a couple of planes, some goodies and a flight
instructor interface. So the first question I shall deal with is the
inevitable: why bother getting the Pro version? After all, a twenty
would pay for an add-on plane like the FSD Commander and still leave
some change. Well, I guess the answer is that that is exactly what
people said about FS2000 and then a whole leash of freeware planes
came out that needed bits of the Pro version to run and then the
forums were bouncing with complaints from people who wished they had
been told this sort of thing might happen earlier. Well I'm telling
you earlier - get the Pro version! Even if you have to save up
specially to do it, it is worth the expense. Apart from anything else,
the Baron has one of the best panels in FS2002 and the amphibious
Caravan can be used to do some great tricks, so I think you owe it to
yourself". - By Andrew Herd

PS. The Pro version also contains a first-class scenery design tool as
well... GMAX and its components. Making the Pro version more than
worth the insignificant difference in price.

Good Luck

Tom G, Sr.

On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 23:38:38 +0800, "Sniper@SDU/HKPF"
wrote:

May be the "Instructor" feature.

--
James Mak
Student Pilot for IFR
http://private-pilot.no-ip.org:8080
http://airtrafficcontrol.no-ip.org:8080

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Name: T. & D. Gregor, Sr.
E-Mail:
Web-Site:
http://www.scenery.org
"The Scenery Hall of Fame"
Subscribe to our Newsletter:

Old January 12th 04, 04:26 AM
nooneimportant

real kicker between the two is that the pro version can handle turboprop
models.... previous turboprops and those downloaded on standard version are
just a tweaked air file for either a jet or a piston.. other than that
perhaps the "instructors station" that rarely gets used by anyone....