First impressions of flight

Old March 27th 07, 09:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Mxsmanic

Default First impressions of flight

What did you notice most during your very first experience travelling in any
type of airplane, as passenger or pilot? And if you are a pilot, what did you
notice most during your very first experience actually flying an airplane (if
it was not also your very first experience with flight)?

Old March 27th 07, 11:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
DaveB

On Tue, 27 Mar 2007 22:16:05 +0200, Mxsmanic
wrote:

What did you notice most during your very first experience travelling in any
type of airplane, as passenger or pilot? And if you are a pilot, what did you
notice most during your very first experience actually flying an airplane (if
it was not also your very first experience with flight)?

I was shocked I didn't smoke during my first solo.

But after was another story
Daveb
Old March 28th 07, 12:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_2_]

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

What did you notice most during your very first experience travelling
in any type of airplane, as passenger or pilot?

That the guy driving wasn't an idiot.

Like you.

Bertie
Old March 28th 07, 01:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Mxsmanic

(DaveB) writes:

I was shocked I didn't smoke during my first solo.

They say that if you are doing something unusual and you are reasonably
occupied, you're less likely to resort to nervous habits, which can include
smoking.

But after was another story

You smoked more than usual? Why?

Old March 28th 07, 02:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_2_]

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

(DaveB) writes:

I was shocked I didn't smoke during my first solo.

They say that if you are doing something unusual and you are
reasonably occupied, you're less likely to resort to nervous habits,
which can include smoking.

But after was another story

You smoked more than usual? Why?

what's it matter? You'll never solo wannabe boi.

bertie
Old March 28th 07, 02:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.disasters.aviation,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.religion.asatru
Mxsmanic

Bertie the Bunyip writes:

what's it matter?

I am curious. Stress, perhaps?

Old March 28th 07, 02:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Danny Deger

"MxMORON" wrote in message

What did you notice most during your very first experience travelling in
any
type of airplane, as passenger or pilot? And if you are a pilot, what did
you
notice most during your very first experience actually flying an airplane
(if
it was not also your very first experience with flight)?

I noticed it was EXACTLY like Microsoft Flight Simulator.

There are no differences at all.

It's really the same thing.

Please do not feed the troll.

Danny Deger

Old March 28th 07, 02:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_2_]

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

Bertie the Bunyip writes:

what's it matter?

I am curious. Stress, perhaps?

You get curious when you're stressed out?

You're a k00k of the brightest magnitude.

Bertie
Old March 28th 07, 03:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Dave[_3_]

I was 10 years old, it was in a Piper Tripacer.

Dreamed of what it would be like ever since I knew that airplanes
could take me to the clouds....

Hoped it would be the greatest experience in my (at that time) young
life..

It was .. it did NOT disappoint.....

The pilot allowed, and coached me to handle the controls, could not
believe I was actually flying!!

Could never get enough..grabbed every chance I could get to fly..

22 yrs later was able to take training and get my licence....

Flew twice this past weekend, hope to do it again next weekend...

And again and again until I cannot..

A passion that survives all reason..

I am told there are others who feel the same..

I found some of them..

They are my friends...

Dave

Old March 28th 07, 04:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
TheSmokingGnu

Nomen Nescio wrote:
I couldn't find the "pause" button.

The frame rate was really good, and all the autogen was turned on.

:P

TheSmokingGnu