Increase 20's ads

Old September 4th 09, 06:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
hretting

Default Increase 20's ads

Why all the 20's up or sale? Does the princess turn into a 1-26 at
midnight. Hey, Ron (434), don't you own both?
Old September 4th 09, 09:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
T8

On Sep 4, 1:40*pm, hretting wrote:
Why all the 20's up or sale? Does the princess turn into a 1-26 at
midnight. Hey, Ron (434), don't you own both?

Hmmmmm... my princess definitely does not turn into a 1-26 at
midnight... lordy, that would be inconvenient. Not sure about my
ASW-20 though... I've simply never checked. Perhaps tonight I will
tip toe out to my trailer and peek.

Why the concern Henry, thinking of trading up? rimshot

See you at New Castle.

Evan Ludeman / T8
Old September 5th 09, 12:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
hretting

I always wanted to fly the 20. It will always be among the best, a
classic. The 12 was another on the list. 4 20s for sale on a single
W&W page among others got me pondering the odds.
Old September 5th 09, 01:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

My 20 never turns into a 1-26, at least while I am looking. It might
be a Schrondinger's Cat kind of dilemma, though.

Other than for wingloading to go out and race other folks who only
want to fly for 3 hrs in a day, why would you need any other 15m
ship?

The 20 is my vote for the best all-around sailplane ever built. And
the 12 was a kiddie car..... until you have to land it. Then you
better be awake and on your game. I would like to get mine back.
Old September 5th 09, 01:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

And they stay on the market for how many hours before purchase?
Old September 5th 09, 04:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jim[_18_]

On Sep 4, 5:56*pm, " wrote:
And they stay on the market for how many hours before purchase?

I love the 20 but as with the 17 my size 12 feet don't fit into the
pointy nose very well.

The 26 works for me as the cockpit area is longer and my feet are at a
wider point of the fuselage.

Jim D
Old September 5th 09, 09:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Whelan[_3_]

Jim wrote:
On Sep 4, 5:56 pm, " wrote:
And they stay on the market for how many hours before purchase?

I love the 20 but as with the 17 my size 12 feet don't fit into the
pointy nose very well.

The 26 works for me as the cockpit area is longer and my feet are at a
wider point of the fuselage.

Jim D

Wowser! Could there BE a more powerful endorsement for a 1-26?!?

Bob == :-) == W.
Old September 6th 09, 04:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Leonard[_2_]

At 20:56 05 September 2009, Bob Whelan wrote:

Wowser! Could there BE a more powerful endorsement for a 1-26?!?

Bob == :-) == W.

Um. Bob. Jim flies an ASH-26E. That is the "26" he is referencing. Of
course, the 1-26 has a nose wide enough to put your feet and a couple of
dogs or cats to keep them warm if you go wave flying.

Steve
Old September 6th 09, 06:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Whelan[_3_]

Steve Leonard wrote:
At 20:56 05 September 2009, Bob Whelan wrote:
Wowser! Could there BE a more powerful endorsement for a 1-26?!?

Bob == :-) == W.

Um. Bob. Jim flies an ASH-26E. That is the "26" he is referencing. Of
course, the 1-26 has a nose wide enough to put your feet and a couple of
dogs or cats to keep them warm if you go wave flying.

Steve

Chortle...Steve it's a good thing you're a glider pilot and not a fish!
Methought therein (i.e. the 'mistaken identity') lay the humor...

Bob - I couldn't stop myself the other day - W.
Old September 7th 09, 07:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jim[_18_]

On Sep 6, 10:15*am, Bob Whelan wrote:
Steve Leonard wrote:
At 20:56 05 September 2009, Bob Whelan wrote:
Wowser! Could there BE a more powerful endorsement for a 1-26?!?

Bob == :-) == W.

Um. Bob. *Jim flies an ASH-26E. *That is the "26" he is referencing.. *Of
course, the 1-26 has a nose wide enough to put your feet and a couple of
dogs or cats to keep them warm if you go wave flying.

Steve

Chortle...Steve it's a good thing you're a glider pilot and not a fish!
Methought therein (i.e. the 'mistaken identity') lay the humor...

Bob - I couldn't stop myself the other day - W.

the ASH-26 is great for cross country flying, it goes so good it feels
like cheating. My job has me working most weekends, weekday tows in
the Vegas area are hard to come by so the noise maker behind the
cockpit is great for getting to the first thermal.

1-26's are fun too, Levy and Dixon fly some amazing flights in them.
I'm a life member of the 1-26 association and looking at getting
another one after I get my blaniks flying and one sold.

Jim

TBO Increase? Jay Honeck[_2_] Owning 3 April 28th 08 12:06 AM
Insurance increase! Roger Worden Soaring 8 April 17th 07 11:24 PM
Cambridge Model 20's and 25's For Sale GaryK Soaring 2 June 18th 05 04:26 AM
Pic 20's in the rain Matt Soaring 23 May 14th 04 03:04 AM
JSF: cost increase and delays hector Military Aviation 2 April 18th 04 06:16 PM