Anyone using the Lowrance 2000c's new Terrain Awareness MCC card ?

Old November 1st 05, 02:06 PM
C. Osbourne

Default Anyone using the Lowrance 2000c's new Terrain Awareness MCC card ?

I'm considering getting the Terrain Awareness MCC
card, for my 2000c and wondering if any of the list
members have installed this upgrate.

A third party, (non-compensated) review or or opinions
would be very helpfull for our list members who are
considering getting of these.

What do you think of this upgrade? Are there any plans
to update the data on the card, and if so, what is the
prodecure installing new Jepp data on the MMC? Is there
a trial version that you can download, etc. I'm sure some
of this info is covered in Lowrance's webpage, but as
we all know, it's much better to get 'review info' from
non-compensated users.

Thanks for answering here.

Old November 1st 05, 02:32 PM
Darrel Toepfer

C. Osbourne wrote:

I'm considering getting the Terrain Awareness MCC
card, for my 2000c and wondering if any of the list
members have installed this upgrate.

A third party, (non-compensated) review or or opinions
would be very helpfull for our list members who are
considering getting of these.

What do you think of this upgrade? Are there any plans
to update the data on the card, and if so, what is the
prodecure installing new Jepp data on the MMC? Is there
a trial version that you can download, etc. I'm sure some
of this info is covered in Lowrance's webpage, but as
we all know, it's much better to get 'review info' from
non-compensated users.

Thanks for answering here.

We held off purchasing it, includes a 512 meg memory card with alittle
extra space. Original card is 32 megs and uses about half of it...

Last I looked the website didn't even have a simulator for the 2000C,
only the 1000...
Old November 1st 05, 10:46 PM
.Blueskies.

"C. Osbourne" wrote in message ...

I'm considering getting the Terrain Awareness MCC
card, for my 2000c and wondering if any of the list
members have installed this upgrate.

A third party, (non-compensated) review or or opinions
would be very helpfull for our list members who are
considering getting of these.

What do you think of this upgrade? Are there any plans
to update the data on the card, and if so, what is the
prodecure installing new Jepp data on the MMC? Is there
a trial version that you can download, etc. I'm sure some
of this info is covered in Lowrance's webpage, but as
we all know, it's much better to get 'review info' from
non-compensated users.

Thanks for answering here.

I am planning to get it next spring. It comes loaded with fresh Jepp data...

Old November 1st 05, 11:55 PM
Darrel Toepfer

..Blueskies. wrote:

I am planning to get it next spring. It comes loaded with fresh Jepp

data...

And one free update...
Old November 2nd 05, 01:17 AM
xxx

I can't help at all with your question, but will piggyback my own:

2000c owners, how is battery life? Sporty's chart shows it at just
two hours, but 12 for the 1000.

Do these numbers correspond to reality?

Of course keeping in plugged in solves the problem but that is not
always an option.

Old November 2nd 05, 01:36 AM
.Blueskies.

"xxx" wrote in message oups.com...
I can't help at all with your question, but will piggyback my own:

2000c owners, how is battery life? Sporty's chart shows it at just
two hours, but 12 for the 1000.

Do these numbers correspond to reality?

Of course keeping in plugged in solves the problem but that is not
always an option.

Yea, 2 hours is about right at full brightness on the display and a good set of batteries...

Old November 2nd 05, 08:34 AM
Thomas Borchert

Xxx,

2 hours is about right. And then there's the Powerpack, which you could
buy - an external BIG battery plus charger and carrying case.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old November 3rd 05, 12:54 AM
Dave

Our best is 3 hrs ...in 1 hr chunks, with a rest in between..

Continuously , prolly less...

.......Good Quality "Bunny Batteries"

The Colour instruments sort of have the "Backlight" of the B&W units
"on" all the time...

Dave

Old November 3rd 05, 12:56 AM
Dave

Ummm... FAB unit huh?

Dave

On 1 Nov 2005 17:17:02 -0800, "xxx" wrote:

I can't help at all with your question, but will piggyback my own:

2000c owners, how is battery life? Sporty's chart shows it at just
two hours, but 12 for the 1000.

Do these numbers correspond to reality?

Of course keeping in plugged in solves the problem but that is not
always an option.

Smooth Lowrance Airmap 1000 updates Longworth Piloting 2 August 16th 05 01:52 AM
ramifications of new TSA rules on all non-US and US citizen pilots paul k. sanchez Piloting 19 September 27th 04 11:49 PM
Pirep: Garmin GPSMAP 296 versus 295. (very long) Jon Woellhaf Piloting 12 September 4th 04 11:55 PM
Graphics Jim Chambers Simulators 14 April 22nd 04 03:29 AM
GPSMAP 195/196 vs. Lowrance AIPMAP 1000 JJS Piloting 4 March 9th 04 08:14 PM