***** Space Pictures's Argument Resolved At Last! *****

Old August 19th 08, 07:37 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Peter Hucker[_2_]

Default ***** Space Pictures's Argument Resolved At Last! *****

On Mon, 18 Aug 2008 20:04:01 -0500, Clem
wrote:

When you get beyond the use of fire, clubs and rocks give me a call.

ROFL!

Stuck in a strange city by bad weather, the drinker was bored.
He sat in the bar and looking to strike up a conversation, turned to the bartender and said, "Hey, about those Democrats in Congress..."

"Stop -- I *don't* permit talk about politics in my bar!" interrupted the bartender.

A few minutes later the gent tried again, "People say about the Pope..."
"No religion talk, either," the bartender cut in.

"Look, how about sex. Can I talk sex?"
"Sure."
"Then **** you."
Old August 19th 08, 09:42 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Ron

"Clem" wrote in message
. 97.136...

When you get beyond the use of fire, clubs and rocks give me a call.

Oh, I'm sorry, did I use too many words? Did a post with valid arguments
scare you? Is this really the best your little brain can come up with for a
reply?

No need to call, it would just scare you. I think I will use the fire, clubs
and rocks to get you off your high branch in the trees, and have you for
dinner. Fresh bushmeat is great, this time of year. The world won't miss
you.

Back to leeching.

Ron
--
Non urinat in ventum

Old August 19th 08, 10:28 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
JRW

Ron wrote:
"Clem" wrote in message
. 97.136...

When you get beyond the use of fire, clubs and rocks give me a call.

Oh, I'm sorry, did I use too many words? Did a post with valid arguments
scare you? Is this really the best your little brain can come up with for a
reply?

No need to call, it would just scare you. I think I will use the fire, clubs
and rocks to get you off your high branch in the trees, and have you for
dinner. Fresh bushmeat is great, this time of year. The world won't miss
you.

Back to leeching.

Ron

Ron,

Let's end this. It can only go on and on like it is now.

Posting pictures is what we are about.

JRW

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Antonov_SSB_12080800007.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	165.9 KB
ID:	27972
Old August 21st 08, 03:24 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Clem

"Ron" wrote in
:

"Clem" wrote in message
. 97.136...

When you get beyond the use of fire, clubs and rocks give me a call.

Oh, I'm sorry, did I use too many words? Did a post with valid arguments
scare you? Is this really the best your little brain can come up with
for a reply?

No need to call, it would just scare you. I think I will use the fire,
clubs and rocks to get you off your high branch in the trees, and have
you for dinner. Fresh bushmeat is great, this time of year. The world
won't miss you.

Back to leeching.

Ron

Valid arguments? You didn't even come close to one. Your post was full of
drivel, it made no sense. I figured I would just leave it alone for the rest
of the world to view and decipher.

If you don't like anything beyond a simple picture complain to your ISP, not
here. I'm sure they'll tell you the same thing I've been saying all along.

I, you or anyone has the right to post whatever media type we care to post.

This is a PUBLIC forum. It was at one time one persons idea to publicly
display pictures of aircraft when RAR or yEnc wasn't even thought of.

Well golly gee, there was a time when there were no aircraft. Now we have
control towers, satellite telemetry and yes sir, cee ment runways! No more
flying by the seat of our pants or looking for roof tops with painted names
and arrows to guide us on our way.

Times change, new ideas emerge and concepts are placed into reality. You have
no right to tell anyone what format to use when they post a picture here.

Anyone wishing to post a picture can do so using any format available until
the damn name of this NG gets changed to reflect what the group supposedly
prefers.

At the moment this is a binaries group without limitations other than the one
your news readers impose on you.

As long as the picture is aviation related, I'm all for using software that
will make viewing very large files easier.

If the software backfires, the poster needs to be aware of that problem and
intimidation is not a solution for software problems. Providing limited
explanations such as "We just don't do it that way" or "stop it" or "my news
reader can't decode it, so stop posting it" are not positive illustrations of
any software problem. They do indicate however, that the person posting such
remarks is an annoying whining little troll that likes to shake up nothing
but trouble.

Your idea of trying something new is to poke someone with a stick and see how
high you can make him jump. That new trick is getting old very fast.

So far I have read nothing in all your unenlightened bellyaching posts that
are positive or encourages new posting in any way.

Oh ya, I posted the attached picture in yEnc just for you. Please killfile
me!

Old August 21st 08, 03:24 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Clem

Default ***** Space Pictures's Argument Resolved At Last! ***** - File 1 of 1 - yEnc "caveman.jpg" 33523 bytes (1/1)

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	caveman.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	28008
Old August 21st 08, 02:52 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Herman

"Clem" schreef in bericht
. 97.136...
"Ron" wrote in
:

Large anount of useless text snipped

Oh ya, I posted the attached picture in yEnc just for you. Please killfile
me!

Nothing against posting in yEnc. Yust say so in the header so people who
don't like yEnc don't have to waste time on them.
The main gripe wit J3 was that he flooded the NG with 15,000 posts, not even
aviation related. The Space Shuttle is not an aircraft but a spacecraft and
no matter how pretty the pictures are that are taken from the shuttle, they
do not show aircraft. IMHO these pictures therefore do not belong in this
NG.

I killfiled J3 because he anounced another tsunami. Pity, because in the
past he has posted a lot of good stuff.
I have killfiled other people, like Lee and the Scottish child, because of
the unending stream of abuse they directed at other people. What's the use
of abusing people? If you're smarter than the others then sit smugly behind
your keyboard enjoying the feeling. Don't go bragging about it (this last
bit not specifically aimed at you :-) )

Regards,
Herman

Old August 22nd 08, 04:43 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Clem

"Herman" wrote in
b.home.nl:

Nothing against posting in yEnc. Yust say so in the header so people who
don't like yEnc don't have to waste time on them.

The headers on my posts indicate yEnc. Don't tell me that some servers are
cutting it? I agree, obvious or not, it should be indicated. I wish people
would do that with all file types no matter how common they might be.

***** Space Pictures's Argument Resolved At Last! ***** - File 1 of 1
- yEnc "caveman.jpg" 33523 bytes (1/1)

The main gripe wit J3 was that he flooded the NG with 15,000 posts, not
even aviation related. The Space Shuttle is not an aircraft but a
spacecraft and no matter how pretty the pictures are that are taken from
the shuttle, they do not show aircraft. IMHO these pictures therefore do
not belong in this NG.

In a broad sense it is aviation (areospace) related. I tend to agree that a
line is drawn between aircraft and spacecraft but the shuttle is really
both in one. I never viewed any of J3's pictures. If they showed the
shuttle in the Earth's atmosphere landing, taking off or being serviced, I
would say they were acceptable. If pictures were outside the atmosphere
they should not be posted here.

He posted 15,000 seperate files? I saw maybe half of that on my server. J3
announced the flood as well as a second one. Maybe with all the ballyhooing
going on here, he might have had second thoughts. I don't think he ever
intended to get anyone upset originally, but if I got talked to the way
some people out here blasted him I would have said nuts to it and continued
posting too.

I hope that when someone new comes along again, certain others out here
will find the common sense to quit complaining. I did say I wanted world
peace too, didn't I?

Old August 22nd 08, 06:39 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Peter Hucker[_2_]

On Thu, 21 Aug 2008 22:43:21 -0500, Clem
wrote:

"Herman" wrote in
. nb.home.nl:

Nothing against posting in yEnc. Yust say so in the header so people who
don't like yEnc don't have to waste time on them.

The headers on my posts indicate yEnc. Don't tell me that some servers are
cutting it? I agree, obvious or not, it should be indicated. I wish people
would do that with all file types no matter how common they might be.

It's indicated in the body isn't it? UU says something like "begin
666".

[...]

!
/ \
{ }
{ }
{ }
# #
:_____:
|| ||
|!___!|
| ___ |
|/###\|
!{###}!
||###||
||!!!||
/111\/|!!!|\/111\
| !|@@@|! |
| !|@@@|! |
|---O-!\###/!-O---|
|_____! --- !_____|
{|-----! - !-----|}
q! ! ||| ! !p
( | |\ /| | )
/\ q | -- | |_| | -- | p /\
/ \ { | | } / \
| | : ( || | \ / | || ) : | |
| | : \------- / W \ -------/ : | |
| |!!/ ! || /\ /\ || ! \!!| |
| _^^ ( || || || || ) ^^_ |
-/ \ || \\ // || / \-
// ! || \\ // || ! \\
_-/||___-------| || \\ // || |-------___||\-_
/ || \ || --- || / || \
o|| ||______------|||___ ___|||------______|| ||o
\ |__-- ____________/ ! ! \____________ --__| /
\ |____---| ! \ U / ! |---____| /
\| | _______ ! ! ! ! _______ | |/
\ _____---| |--=| | | |=--| |---_____ /
"" |\|----| |----|/| ""
/||! ! ! !||\
_/Y ||! ! ! !|| Y\_
__/ ||!____! !____!|| \__
/ ||||####||####||| \
| \| |||| |||| |/ |
| / ==== ==== \ |
\___---' \!!/ \!!/ '---___/
[$$$$] [$$$$]
#### ####
###### ######
###############
Old August 22nd 08, 10:12 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Herman

"Clem" schreef in bericht
. 97.136...
"Herman" wrote in
b.home.nl:

[...]

Me too, starting in the late sixties, when I was old enough to think about
those things. People with more influence than me are not interested in
peace, though :-(

Regards,
Herman

Old August 23rd 08, 12:25 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bob Harrington

"Herman" wrote in news:82e81$48ad7317$52480d09
:

I killfiled J3 because he anounced another tsunami. Pity, because in the
past he has posted a lot of good stuff.

Posters can be un-killfiled as easily as they can be killfiled.

At least, this is true with a real newsreader...

Bob ^,,^ (ducks and runs)