***** Space Pictures's Argument Resolved At Last! *****

Old August 23rd 08, 01:57 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Elmo von Thud

Default ***** Space Pictures's Argument Resolved At Last! *****

On Mon, 18 Aug 2008 22:26:00 +0200, "Ron" wrote:

"Clem" wrote in message
.97.136...

[sneep]

I *know* why the problems happen. I also know that yEnc is not the answer.
In fact, it will cause more problems in the longer run, because it doesn't
reduce data, it only leads to more data.

Can you please provide hard evidence for your claim above? I use a
yEnc enabled newsreader (Agent 4.2) without any problems, and since
this argument has been going on in this NG for some time now, I
thought it would be interesting to see for myself what effect yEnc has
on JPG file sizes, so I posted a large JPG file to one of the binary
test NGs, in both standard uuencode and yEnc formats, and guess
what... the yEnc encoded jay-peg was about 280% smaller than the
non-yEnced file.

You say you know that yEnc is not the answer, but you fail to back up
your rhetoric with facts, and based on my own tests, I do not believe
your claims to be true.

[sneep]

This is not the good old boys club or a membership only group.
It's an open public system and you have to expect and allow for
posts other than a simple picture file.

I'm sorry, but no. A pub is a public place, where anywone can walk in. But
that does not mean you can take over the place, and do whatever you like.

I don't think so, Ron. Taking over the place and doing whatever you
like would be equivalent to posting porn, spam, and music videos, etc
on this NG. I would suggest that by your pub rules, it would be far
more accurate to say that you can only buy beer, and God help any one
who orders a whiskey.

You exaggerate and twist the truth to suit your arguments, and by
doing so, you lose credibility.

[sneep]

Elmo
Old August 26th 08, 06:33 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Casey Tompkins

Default ***** Space Pictures's Argument Resolved At Last! ***** - File 1 of 1 - yEnc "caveman.jpg" 33523 bytes (1/1)

On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 21:24:53 -0500, Clem
wrote:

Errrr...

You do know you aren't helping much, right?

I'm just sayin'....

Old August 26th 08, 06:55 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Peter Hucker[_2_]

wrote:

Errrr...

You do know you aren't helping much, right?

I'm just sayin'....

Might knock some sense into people?

_ ___
/' '\ / " \