End of the World

Old February 4th 05, 02:53 AM
Sam O'Nella

C J Campbell wrote:
"Jose" wrote in message
. ..
That has to one of the most sophomoric pieces of tripe ever to
pollute the Internet with its presence. It will no doubt be very
popular.

Can you name any humor that does not qualify as tripe? Lighten up!

It should at least be funny. This is offensive and filthy without
being funny.

I rather enjoyed it, but then again I'm not offended by language.

What is an example of something you find humorous?

Old February 4th 05, 04:06 AM
vincent p. norris

The world ends on May 6.

Thank God! I have a dental appointment on May 7.

vince norris
Old February 4th 05, 06:50 AM
Brian Burger

On Thu, 3 Feb 2005, vincent p. norris wrote:

The world ends on May 6.

Thank God! I have a dental appointment on May 7.

Just remember your towel, and you'll be OK.

Brian

Old February 4th 05, 06:51 AM
Brian Burger

On Thu, 3 Feb 2005, C J Campbell wrote:

"C J Campbell" wrote in message
The world ends on May 6. I am looking forward to it with great

anticipation.
:-)

http://hitchhikers.movies.go.com/main.html

You had me worried there for a moment, CJ. Thought the Mormoms were
getting all apocalyptic on us again.

However, Hitchhiker's Guide is welcome news! It's been a long time coming.

42, and don't forget your towel.

Brian.
Old February 4th 05, 07:25 AM
John E. Carty

"Brian Burger" wrote in message
ia.tc.ca...
On Thu, 3 Feb 2005, C J Campbell wrote:

"C J Campbell" wrote in message
The world ends on May 6. I am looking forward to it with great

anticipation.
:-)

http://hitchhikers.movies.go.com/main.html

You had me worried there for a moment, CJ. Thought the Mormoms were
getting all apocalyptic on us again.

However, Hitchhiker's Guide is welcome news! It's been a long time coming.

42, and don't forget your towel.

Brian.

What about the peanuts and ale???

Old February 4th 05, 02:12 PM
ET

"Blueskies" wrote in
:

"C J Campbell" wrote in
message ...

"C J Campbell" wrote in
message ...
The world ends on May 6. I am looking forward to it with great

anticipation.
:-)

http://hitchhikers.movies.go.com/main.html

Wow, another BIG BANG!

I like the gnab gib much better.

(heard at the restaurant at the end of the universe)

ET
Old February 4th 05, 02:25 PM
C J Campbell

"Brian Burger" wrote in message
ia.tc.ca...
On Thu, 3 Feb 2005, C J Campbell wrote:

"C J Campbell" wrote in message
The world ends on May 6. I am looking forward to it with great

anticipation.
:-)

http://hitchhikers.movies.go.com/main.html

You had me worried there for a moment, CJ. Thought the Mormoms were
getting all apocalyptic on us again.

Nah. We have never claimed to know when it is. We think the day is coming,
but no one knows when it is. Pay no attention that I am selling my house and
all my possessions and that I am no longer taking on any new students. :-)

However, Hitchhiker's Guide is welcome news! It's been a long time coming.

42, and don't forget your towel.

Wonder how many people will be showing up at the theater with a towel?

"Flying is easy. Just throw yourself at the ground and miss." -- Douglas
Adams

Old February 5th 05, 05:54 PM
jim rosinski

C J Campbell wrote:

It should at least be funny. This is offensive and filthy without
being funny.

I found it unoffensive and unfunny. But then, the playback speed was
too fast for me to catch everything. I wasn't motivated to play it a
second time to see what I missed though.

Jim Rosinski

Old February 6th 05, 06:55 AM
Jürgen Exner

C J Campbell wrote:
The world ends on May 6. I am looking forward to it with great
anticipation. :-)

Not quite. There is an old German drinking song from the early 50th of the
last century:

Am 30. Mai ist der Weltuntergang
Wir leben nicht mehr lang, wir leben nicht mehr lang
Am 30. Mai ist der Weltuntergang
Wir leben nicht, wir leben nicht mehr lang
Doch keiner weiß in welchem Jahr, und das ist wunderbar
Wir sind vielleicht noch lange hier, und darauf trinken wir.

Rough translation:
30th of May will be doomsday,
we won't life long, we won't life long.
But nobody knows in which year, and that is great.
Maybe we will be here for a long time and therefore let's have a drink.

Kind of scary considering that that's my birthday....

jue

Old February 6th 05, 08:18 PM
Robert A. Barker

"Jürgen Exner" wrote in message
C J Campbell wrote:
The world ends on May 6. I am looking forward to it with great
anticipation. :-)

Not quite. There is an old German drinking song from the early 50th of the
last century:

Am 30. Mai ist der Weltuntergang
Wir leben nicht mehr lang, wir leben nicht mehr lang
Am 30. Mai ist der Weltuntergang
Wir leben nicht, wir leben nicht mehr lang
Doch keiner weiß in welchem Jahr, und das ist wunderbar
Wir sind vielleicht noch lange hier, und darauf trinken wir.

Rough translation:
30th of May will be doomsday,
we won't life long, we won't life long.
But nobody knows in which year, and that is great.
Maybe we will be here for a long time and therefore let's have a drink.

Kind of scary considering that that's my birthday....

jue
Mine too!!!!!

Bob Barker