Gunship 2000 Install problems

Old February 19th 05, 08:29 AM
Markku Ojala

Default Gunship 2000 Install problems

In article ,
Scet wrote:
Installed the program in the past and want to play around again but am
having problems installing it.

I used to play it quite a lot too. The team-element was very
fascinating for me, but the game itself was a bit arcadey. Your gunship
could endure several direct missile hits and so on. However it was the
best helicopter simulator/game at the time, and pretty much the only one
i've played to an extend worth mentioning. I had better get myself
Longbow 2 (which reminds me: i do have the first Longbow /somewhere/) or
that Kamov vs. Hokum or what was it.

I get 2 error messages

I can't help you much regarding the first error message, about
S32ECVT1.DLL failing to initialize.

C:WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for running
MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the
application.

This is propably because that file doesn't exist by default. At least
it didn't on the Windows XP Pro installation i've used. Creating that
file remedied Alley Cat not starting. Hmm, if the fine folks at
Microsoft decided to supply a DOS-emulation subsystem, why didn't they
bother to create such a default configuration that it would at least
initialize. Oh well, maybe they had other things to mind too.

Anyway, just create that file, it ought to do it.

[this machine is] XP pro athlon 1.8, 64Meg Gforce2 512Meg SDRAM at
333 clockspeed. Not great I know but it's all I got.

No need to get shy, i don't think people are measured by figures of
their rigs. If i remember correctly, i played it on an MS-DOS 5.0
running on 8MHz 286, with 6MB RAM. Creative SoundBlaster 1.5 for the
rumble.

Scet

..mace --- öäfdf +f lre