So much for the Eurofighter...

Old June 2nd 04, 06:50 PM
Thomas J. Paladino Jr.

Default So much for the Eurofighter...

http://scotlandonsunday.scotsman.com...m?id=614292004

Seems the British are going to sell off a lot of these 'super' planes before
they even enter service with the RAF. I suppose that if the program hasn't
been cancelled yet, it never will be... but still, it's pretty funny.

By the way, is it true that they still can't fly it above 1200 meters or
through clouds?

Old June 2nd 04, 08:06 PM
John Mullen

"Thomas J. Paladino Jr." wrote in message
http://scotlandonsunday.scotsman.com...m?id=614292004

Seems the British are going to sell off a lot of these 'super' planes

before
they even enter service with the RAF. I suppose that if the program hasn't
been cancelled yet, it never will be... but still, it's pretty funny.

See the thread on Eurofighter news.

By the way, is it true that they still can't fly it above 1200 meters or
through clouds?

No.

Is it true the F/A-22 is now predicted to cost something like $350 million
per airframe?

Getting your news on aviation from the Scotland on Sunday website is a bit
like getting it from the site below.

http://www.counterpunch.org/f22.html

I suggest you seek out better informed sources. I do.

John

Old June 2nd 04, 08:44 PM
Thomas J. Paladino Jr.

"John Mullen" wrote in message
"Thomas J. Paladino Jr." wrote in message
http://scotlandonsunday.scotsman.com...m?id=614292004

Seems the British are going to sell off a lot of these 'super' planes

before
they even enter service with the RAF. I suppose that if the program

hasn't
been cancelled yet, it never will be... but still, it's pretty funny.

See the thread on Eurofighter news.

By the way, is it true that they still can't fly it above 1200 meters or
through clouds?

No.

Is it true the F/A-22 is now predicted to cost something like $350 million
per airframe?

Getting your news on aviation from the Scotland on Sunday website is a bit
like getting it from the site below.

http://www.counterpunch.org/f22.html

I suggest you seek out better informed sources. I do.

Someone had posted that link, and I reposted it here. That's why I asked if
it were true, because it seemed pretty crazy. The pertinant information in
the article was that the RAF were going to sell a lot of their Typhoon
inventory before it even went into service (which I assume is true, and is a
pretty big deal in and of itself), but the technical info seemed suspect to
me. I just figured that people here would know the details better than
whoever wrote that article.

Old June 2nd 04, 08:47 PM
John Mullen

[...]

Check the other thread.