ILEC SN10 free to a young soarer

Old March 7th 16, 12:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andrew Ainslie

Default ILEC SN10 free to a young soarer

I have an ILEC SN10 which I'm not using. These are fantastic units, but time has moved on and new ones are fantasticer! My clearnav blows me away every time I fly with it.

So, I'm offering my ILEC SN10 free of charge to one of the following:

- An individual under 30 with an older glider (cirrus, pegasus, perhaps even ventus 1 or discus 1) trying to get into competitive flying or longer distance flying. I want to stick with cheaper gliders as if you have the moolah for an ASG29 you don't need my help!

- A club with a cross country machine but no good onboard GPS, and some sort of program to encourage younger pilots. The aircraft must already be equipped with dual batteries as I don't want it to sit around for a decade while the club gets around to putting electricals in the glider.

- Whoever takes it must give me a commitment to putting the computer in THIS YEAR.

Either way, if there's someone out there that could benefit from a free computer, please let me know. I can't think of anyone at my club that will benefit but first dibs goes to anyone at Harris Hill including HH club gliders, second to anyone associated with UH as I know he'll make sure they use the computer, and thereafter first come first served. Please give me a week to make sure that all potential HH and UH needs have been met.

Regards

Andrew
Old March 7th 16, 12:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Godfrey (QT)[_2_]

On Monday, March 7, 2016 at 7:07:04 AM UTC-5, Andrew Ainslie wrote:
[...]

Good show Andrew,
Thanks for this.
QT
Old March 7th 16, 12:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Andrew
I have a second 1-26 that I am restoring for the purpose of making it available to young fliers to encourage them to get involved in xc and 1-26 competition. I should have her completed by this fall (i cant work on her may to sept due to being a crop duster, thats my busy time). If the ilec is still available it would find a good and usefull home in promoting xc flying for youngsters.
Dan #225
Old March 7th 16, 01:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Monday, March 7, 2016 at 6:07:04 AM UTC-6, Andrew Ainslie wrote:
[...]

Andrew,

I am very interested in the ILEC SN10. I am 25 and started soaring and got my license all last year! My mentor is Tony Condon and I have been extremely fortunate to have such a great instructor. My goal for this year is to learn to go cross country and this flight computer would be a huge help in doing so. I am in the process of purchasing a share of a Standard Austria with another recent student and this would be a blessing to be able to mount as we move forward this year in our soaring abilities. Please let me know if you need more info!

Sincerely,

Alex
Old March 7th 16, 01:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

[...]

And also our club has a Club Libelle meant for encouraging cross country flying.
Last year I ran a cross country prep groundschool and this year we'll be doing
some dual cross country in the club's Grob. The Libelle currently has a
non-functional LX4000 in it, so it's even lacking an electric vario. However,
it has two batteries in it! And, also, we have the Soaring Foundation to
encourage young pilots:

http://www.ncsoaring.org/ncsf.htm

Matt at NCSA

(And I used to fly at HH and I know Hank. Does that count? ;-)
Old March 7th 16, 04:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

[...]

I'm finishing a '19 for a HH young guy you may know- Robbie. He will be getting the ship in April.It would go well in that ship if you do not find a better home.
Good job
UH
Old March 8th 16, 12:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andrew Ainslie

Wow, I did not expect so much response so quickly! I would urge anyone else sitting around with unused equipment to consider offering it to those who has responded to this thread who I won't be able to help.

I have to stick with my rules, so the first winner so far is Robbie and Hank, followed by Dan. Boy, there is just something so amusing about thinking of a 1-26 with an Ilec in it I'll wait a few more days to see if anyone from HH responds as per my original post, after which I'll give you a call Hank.

To the others, I really wish I could help all of you. I sincerely hope that other old, unused pieces of equipment show up over the next few weeks so you ALL get to do more cross country, or encourage your young members to do so. I KNOW there have to be a bunch of old units lying around collecting dust!

Thanks all

Andrew
Old March 8th 16, 01:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Monday, March 7, 2016 at 7:27:47 PM UTC-5, Andrew Ainslie wrote:
[...]

I have an early Cambridge vario with audio that would become surplus if Robbie gets the SN10. This will go to Dan or someone else who will use it for kids or newbies.
UH
Old March 8th 16, 01:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
ND

On Monday, March 7, 2016 at 8:36:12 AM UTC-5, wrote:
[...]

Hi Alex, how would you like to purchase your OWN sh-1? you can get it for a similar price as a share in an SHK-1 although the reason is that the wings need to be painted. and by need to be painted i mean they are stripped. the good news is that some of the work is already done. PM me, brayera at gmail dot com
Old March 8th 16, 05:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Thanks Andrew and UH, that would be great if your vario becomes availabe for my donor 1-26. Andrew I used to have and old cambridge ( old like in 1975 old) and it died so I replaced it with a used cambridge 302 system, i cant say that it makes a 1-26 fly any flatter but it sure helps on seeing if the next iffy glide is gonna get me home or put me in a swamp lol. Thanks again.
Dan #225

Ilec SN10 K Soaring 1 September 15th 12 03:16 AM
Ilec SN10 question Dan Goldman Soaring 0 February 20th 11 11:07 PM
ILEC SN10 release 2.35 Dave Nadler Soaring 7 March 27th 10 07:46 PM
ILEC SN10 release 2.33 available Dave Nadler Soaring 2 July 24th 09 02:22 PM
FS - ILEC SN10 and Volkslogger Dave Springford Soaring 0 March 7th 05 12:43 AM