GP 15 Jeta

Old July 1st 20, 09:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default GP 15 Jeta

On Wednesday, July 1, 2020 at 6:24:52 AM UTC+2, Emir Sherbi wrote:
Diana sailplanes also register their prototype there. Apparently polish authority is worst than Slovenia/Slovakia/Czech...

[citation needed]

All the Diana 2's (NG and original) I am aware of were registered in Poland as either type certified gliders or ultralights, and the prototype Diana 3 (formerly KKB-18) was built and registered in the Czech Republic.

Old July 1st 20, 04:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

2G wrote on 6/30/2020 9:09 PM:
On Tuesday, June 30, 2020 at 6:26:35 AM UTC-7, Eric Greenwell wrote:
2G wrote on 6/27/2020 7:47 AM:
.
.
.

I found this photo of the GP-15 on GP Glider's Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/gpgliders/p...22297261160831
It clearly shows the glider's registration number, OM-M901. A search for that registration yielded this:
https://abpic.co.uk/pictures/view/1253786
Obviously this is a totally different aircraft. Can anyone explain this discrepancy?

Tom

I queried the US dealer (Tom Holloran), and the factory replied OM-M901 was
available when they needed a registration number, it was used for the glider while
it was in Poland, and they deregistered the glider when it was shipped to the US,
so the number is now available again. The US owner confirms he received a
deregistration document, and the glider is now registered in the US.

That number is not a Polish aircraft number - it is a Slovakian number which is assigned to another aircraft. The answer doesn't make sense.

I should have said "while the factory owned the glider", rather than "when it was
in Poland". I don't know who had the number before they did, or if anyone has it
now. Their explanation seems credible enough to me.

Old July 2nd 20, 04:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tom BravoMike

That number is not a Polish aircraft number - it is a Slovakian number which is assigned to another aircraft. The answer doesn't make sense.

Tom

It's quite common in Europe to have aircraft and vehicles registered in another country where red tape and/or fees are less onerous; not to mention sea vessels. The world does not end in the US (where every state imposes its own drivers licenses, for example). This thread in the 'investigation' against the GP doesn't lead anywhere.
Old September 15th 20, 03:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Taylor

On Wednesday, July 1, 2020 at 9:09:14 PM UTC-6, Tom BravoMike wrote:

That number is not a Polish aircraft number - it is a Slovakian number which is assigned to another aircraft. The answer doesn't make sense.

Tom

It's quite common in Europe to have aircraft and vehicles registered in another country where red tape and/or fees are less onerous; not to mention sea vessels. The world does not end in the US (where every state imposes its own drivers licenses, for example). This thread in the 'investigation' against the GP doesn't lead anywhere.

Report's are showing the GP15 with "new wings" is now being flight tested against the Polish team Diana 2, RP. As I had always thought, they look nearly identical in flight. I hope they can get the glider into production and begin to make deliveries. I have been optimistic that the company would begin to focus and produce the glider rather than trying to do too many different models of gliders and a trailer too. I think the concept of a light 15m glider using modern materials and manufacturing is excellent, but they have to deliver. The experience with the first US delivered glider has not helped their reputation.
Old September 16th 20, 04:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G

On Tuesday, September 15, 2020 at 7:42:04 AM UTC-7, Tim Taylor wrote:
[...]

What "reports" are you referring to?

Tom
Old September 16th 20, 02:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

2G wrote on 9/15/2020 8:03 PM:
[...]

They are on the company's Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/gpgliders

Tom Holloran, the US GP dealer, told me the wings being tested are not the latest
version that will be used in production, but the previous version without the
latest winglet and root fairing designs. Flight testing is not complete, and there
are currently no official reports.