New G-1000 182 & Cirrus SR-22 GTS

Old June 27th 05, 08:00 AM
Thomas Borchert

Tim,

the Turbo with the electronic engine
control

Which?

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old June 27th 05, 09:44 AM
Peter Duniho

"Dan Luke" wrote in message

"Jimmy B." wrote:
Last I heard, Cirrus still have the ~5000 hour airframe limitation. Has
this been lifted? Did you ask the Cirrus rep about it?

That's gone, I believe.

I haven't been monitoring the news closely, but it seems to me that they
have extended the 5000 hour limit (to 10000 hours? I forget the exact
number).

Basically, the expectation of the manufacturer is that as the airplane
develops testing history, they will extend the airframe lifetime
appropriately based on the number of hours their testing shows the airframe
to be good for.

So, in other words...the airframe lifetime limit isn't gone, but has been
extended, and may well be extended again.

Keep in mind that aluminum airframes have a lifetime limit too. I don't
know if it's part of the certification (sorry, too lazy to look it up right
now), but they do have their own practical limit.

Pete

Old June 27th 05, 03:04 PM
Newps

Jay Honeck wrote:

Boy, you got that right, Dave. I'd take a Stearman over both the 182 and
the SR-22.

Not me. A stearman looks cool until you actually own one. A friend had
one for awhile and another one still does. All that noise and fuel flow
and the damn thing can hardly get out of its own way.
Old June 27th 05, 04:21 PM
Dan Luke

"Jay Honeck" wrote:
I'd take a Stearman over both the 182 and the SR-22.

Sometimes I think I'd like to have a 20-yr old mistress. Then the fever
passes.

--
Dan
C-172RG at BFM

Old June 27th 05, 07:18 PM
Jay Honeck

I'd take a Stearman over both the 182 and the SR-22.

Sometimes I think I'd like to have a 20-yr old mistress. Then the fever
passes.

Well put!
--
Jay Honeck