samll plane noise

Old August 11th 06, 07:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Steve Foley[_1_]

Default samll plane noise

"daffy" wrote in message
oups.com...
The Bay Area is plagued by small plane noise.

Face it, civilization is loud. The more you head towards the centers of
civilization (big cities) the louder it gets. You are simply trying to
change the world into the 'vision' you have. If you want the benefits of
civilization, you have to live with the drawbacks.

There are similar arguments made against off-road vehicles. People 'want
their peace and quiet' and complain the off-roaders are taking that away.
Sorry, you are still too close to civilization.

If you don't want to hear the civilized world, head toward central Africa.

Old August 11th 06, 07:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Skylune[_1_]

You can move far away from an airfield, and some anonymous bureacrat can
decide to create an "acro-box" right over your home. This is what
happened to the poor folks in Groton, Ma, which is not close to an
airfield.

The only safe place to be is in a narrow valley, otherwise you are a
potential victim.

Old August 11th 06, 08:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Skylune[_1_]

;-)

Congo should be safe, I guess. And, if not, a Congo resident could
probably do private enforcement.

Old August 11th 06, 08:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
NW_Pilot

"daffy" wrote in message
oups.com...
The Bay Area is plagued by small plane noise. I can't go outside
without hearing the droneing sound. From afar, it is like some sort
of low frequency noise, as the plane gets closer, it is very
irritating.

The FAA should regulate the noise levels of these planes before
they become a real nusance, and private aircraft will be completly
banned.

I like the sound of airplanes!!! But I dislike the sounds of a whining
humans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old August 11th 06, 09:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Steve Foley[_2_]

"Skylune" wrote in message
lkaboutaviation.com...
Don't do that. The pilots all know there is no enforcement, and they will
retaliate by buzzing your house since you have the audacity to complain
about noise.

If ALL pilots know there is no enforcement, why haven't I buzzed your house
yet?

Old August 11th 06, 10:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bob Noel

not in reply to steve...
"Skylune" wrote in message
lkaboutaviation.com...
You can move far away from an airfield, and some anonymous bureacrat can
decide to create an "acro-box" right over your home. This is what
happened to the poor folks in Groton, Ma, which is not close to an
airfield.

yo, looney bird. Groton MA is indeed close to an airport.

--
Bob Noel
Looking for a sig the

Old August 12th 06, 01:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Terry[_1_]

daffy wrote:
The Bay Area is plagued by small plane noise. I can't go outside
without hearing the droneing sound. From afar, it is like some sort
of low frequency noise, as the plane gets closer, it is very
irritating.

The FAA should regulate the noise levels of these planes before
they become a real nusance, and private aircraft will be completly
banned.

Does anyone know if the "Samll" is in the sport pilot category? And if
so, who is the manufacturer? :--)
Old August 12th 06, 01:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Crash Lander[_1_]

"daffy" wrote in message
oups.com...
The Bay Area is plagued by small plane noise. I can't go outside
without hearing the droneing sound. From afar, it is like some sort
of low frequency noise, as the plane gets closer, it is very
irritating.

The FAA should regulate the noise levels of these planes before
they become a real nusance, and private aircraft will be completly
banned.

You obviously didn't research the area you live in all that well before you
moved there? How long have you lived there? I wouldn't mind betting that the
airfields were there before you were. You could just move!
Crash Lander

Old August 12th 06, 02:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Judah

"daffy" wrote in news:1155241719.548641.249810
@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

The Bay Area is plagued by small plane noise. I can't go outside
without hearing the droneing sound. From afar, it is like some sort
of low frequency noise, as the plane gets closer, it is very
irritating.

The FAA should regulate the noise levels of these planes before
they become a real nusance, and private aircraft will be completly
banned.

Are you sure it's plane noise and not boat noise? I believe even small
speedboats make more noise than small planes.

If it bothers you that much, there are many places one can move to where
flying is not permitted. Unfortunately, most of them have other freedom-
inhibiting rules that may be somewhat more annoying than a little noise.