CNN crash video as capture by USCG

Old October 13th 06, 11:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
FLAV8R[_1_]

Default CNN crash video as capture by USCG

Apparently the Coast Guard has some sort of video camera running
that captured the impact of the Cirrus against the building.
CNN has posted it on their website under "Watch Video".
The video is of poor quality but you can definitely see the explosion upon
impact.

David

Old October 13th 06, 11:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
FLAV8R[_1_]

The link to the video on CNN is a directly below the article on the
Canadian troops fighting Taliban militants in Afghanistan that
have stumbled across an almost impenetrable forests of marijuana plants 10
feet tall.

Forest? Stumble?

What would Forest Gump do?

Old October 13th 06, 02:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ron Snipes[_1_]

I watched the video last night. The explosion is visible, but the aircraft
prior to impact is not visible, at least to my eyes. I watched it several
times.

What I was looking for was whether the aircraft was doing aerobatic manuvers
or not. The eyewitnesses said acrobatic, and the news geeks kept repeating
acrobatic. Mayor Bloomburg said it right, since he's a pilot.

First it was a helicopter or an airplane, then a cessna and finally a
Cirrus. The newsroom computers must not have a Fact-Checker along with the
Spell-Checker. At least they didn't say a four seat Piper Cub. I've heard
that before.
ron

Old October 13th 06, 02:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Peter R.

Ron Snipes wrote:

What I was looking for was whether the aircraft was doing aerobatic manuvers
or not. The eyewitnesses said acrobatic, and the news geeks kept repeating
acrobatic.

I discounted those reports the moment I heard them, since loss of control
could easily be mistaken for aerobatics to the untrained eye.

Unfortunately, one of the first sound bites on CNN was that of an otherwise
astute eyewitness who was supposedly a pilot. He stated that it looked to
him like the aircraft was doing aerobatics just before the crash.

Coming from a pilot, that was the absolute wrong thing to say, given the
implications of the comment to the general, non-GA experienced public.

--
Peter
Old October 13th 06, 06:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Peter R. wrote:

I discounted those reports the moment I heard them, since loss of control

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
could easily be mistaken for aerobatics to the untrained eye.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What in your opinion is the average human IQ? 30?

Ramapriya

Old October 13th 06, 07:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

writes:

What in your opinion is the average human IQ? 30?

The average IQ is exactly 100.

Old October 13th 06, 07:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Barrow

wrote in message
ps.com...
Peter R. wrote:

I discounted those reports the moment I heard them, since loss of control

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
could easily be mistaken for aerobatics to the untrained eye.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What in your opinion is the average human IQ? 30?

What does IQ matter to a matter of naiveté?

Old October 13th 06, 08:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
gatt

"Ron Snipes" wrote in message
.. .

What I was looking for was whether the aircraft was doing aerobatic
manuvers
or not. The eyewitnesses said acrobatic, and the news geeks kept repeating
acrobatic. Mayor Bloomburg said it right, since he's a pilot.

CNN showed a witness on the ground saying that the airplane hit the building
belly-first because they seemed to be trying to avoid the buildings.

All political/media issues aside, think for a minute about what you would
have done at the controls in that situation.
-c

Old October 13th 06, 09:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Flyin'[email protected]

CNN showed a witness on the ground saying that the airplane hit the
building belly-first because they seemed to be trying to avoid the
buildings.

All political/media issues aside, think for a minute about what you would
have done at the controls in that situation.

What kind of wind speed goes through that area with all the buildings
around? Enough to force the plane belly first into a building?

--
Mike Flyin'8
PP-ASEL
Old October 13th 06, 10:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
gatt

wrote in message
CNN showed a witness on the ground saying that the airplane hit the
building belly-first because they seemed to be trying to avoid the
buildings.

All political/media issues aside, think for a minute about what you would
have done at the controls in that situation.

What kind of wind speed goes through that area with all the buildings
around? Enough to force the plane belly first into a building?

Why don't you tell us, since apparently you know all about it.

-c