MS Flight Sim X

Old October 24th 06, 03:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
John Theune

Default MS Flight Sim X

First let me say I don't live in France.

I just loaded up the newest version of MSFS ( X ) and I must saw I've
very impressed. The graphics are tremendous and the plane handling is
much better then I remember from before. I must say I've improved my
computer significantly since I last used FS 2004 but still I think this
new one is very good.

Jay - I recommend you upgrade your system at the hotel to this version
if you have not already. I think you'll be impressed.

John
Old October 24th 06, 03:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

John Theune writes:

Jay - I recommend you upgrade your system at the hotel to this version
if you have not already. I think you'll be impressed.

Make sure you have enough hardware to support it; it uses a lot more
resources than its predecessor (FS 2004). Most of the improvements
are eye candy, although that might make it more fun for many people.

Old October 24th 06, 03:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Grumman-581[_1_]

John Theune wrote:
Jay - I recommend you upgrade your system at the hotel to this version
if you have not already. I think you'll be impressed.

Other than the fact that it requires XP or Vista... And is picky about
video cards -- the *one* machine that I have that has the misfortune to
have come with XP installed upon it will not run MS FS X because of the
onboard video not being supposedly compatible... Luckily I found this
out by downloaded the demo instead of paying for the actual software...
Old October 24th 06, 05:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
gpsman

Mxsmanic wrote: courtesy snip/total

IIRC you never bothered to complete the flight lessons in MSFS and
haven't yet achieved the proficiency to climb to altitude and level off
without porpoising... and have never flown a real aircraft for a single
second Therefore, any opinions you might have of MSFS X are moot.

AFAICT you simply fond of masturbating your keyboard with the end
result being projectile diarrhea. I don't believe I have ever had the
misfortune of meeting a person more intellectually lazy than yourself,
to wit: "In a true glider, you can stay up indefinitely by taking
advantage of things like thermals."

You seem to be an exceptionally ignorant idiot sans any power of
deduction/search skills/restraint toward forwarding any and every
idiotic question/premise that pops into your "mind".
-----

- gpsman

Old October 24th 06, 09:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Thomas Borchert

John,

it requires 15 GB disk space to start with and is a resource hog - but
man, those graphics sure have improved. More importantly, the flight
modelling has been much improved, too.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old October 24th 06, 02:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601XL Builder

"Grumman-581" wrote in message
John Theune wrote:
Jay - I recommend you upgrade your system at the hotel to this version if
you have not already. I think you'll be impressed.

Other than the fact that it requires XP or Vista... And is picky about
video cards -- the *one* machine that I have that has the misfortune to
have come with XP installed upon it will not run MS FS X because of the
onboard video not being supposedly compatible... Luckily I found this out
by downloaded the demo instead of paying for the actual software...

If you are considering any new game here is a neat little website called
System Requirement Lab. Id does require that you allow Active-X but I have
used it with no problems or malware as a result. It will check your computer
against a number of games and see if you have the system needed to run them.
It's not perfect but it works.

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srl

Old October 24th 06, 03:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ron Snipes[_1_]

Where can you get Microsoft Flight Simulator X?

Old October 24th 06, 04:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Thomas Borchert

Ron,

Where can you get Microsoft Flight Simulator X?

Uhm, in a shop? Try Circuit City, Amazon, Avshop.com or anything else
that will take your money.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old October 24th 06, 04:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
John Theune

Thomas Borchert wrote:
Ron,

Where can you get Microsoft Flight Simulator X?

Uhm, in a shop? Try Circuit City, Amazon, Avshop.com or anything else
that will take your money.

I happened to get my copy yesterday at Circuit City and it was 59.99 for
the deluxe package vs 69.99 retail.
Old October 24th 06, 04:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
gatt

"gpsman" wrote in message
oups.com...

IIRC you never bothered to complete the flight lessons in MSFS and
haven't yet achieved the proficiency to climb to altitude and level off
without porpoising... and have never flown a real aircraft for a single
second Therefore, any opinions you might have of MSFS X are moot.

That seems a little harsh.

Do I have to have stormed Omaha Beach to know whether Battlefield 1942 is a
good first-person shooter? Do I have to have flown combat missions over
Germany to know whether I liked the movie Memphis Belle?

His comment about having enough system resources to run it compared to 2004
is useful in my decision whether to upgrade.