Idiotic News Reporters

Old October 12th 06, 12:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ron Snipes[_1_]

Default Idiotic News Reporters

After hearing all the speculation on the news today regarding the aircraft
that hit the building in NY, I was watching the press conference Mayor
Bloomburg was doing around 5:30pm. Some female reporter asked if the Flight
Data Recorder had been found yet? (I'm not bashing female reporters!)

Mayor Bloomburg handled it professionally, and stated that an airplane of
that size would not have a flight data recorder.

They are all trying to get on the air First...who cares if the info was
bogus. First it was supposed to be a helicopter.

I have spent 25 years in TV at local stations and a Video & Film Production
Company, so I'm aware of the problem.
Ron

Old October 12th 06, 12:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Sylvain

Ron Snipes wrote:

They are all trying to get on the air First...who cares if the info was
bogus. First it was supposed to be a helicopter.

I am waiting for the report from Jon Stewart on the 'The Daily Show';
the last news source you can trust on tv...

--Sylvain
Old October 12th 06, 12:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dan Luke

"Ron Snipes" wrote:

Mayor Bloomburg handled it professionally, and stated that an airplane of
that size would not have a flight data recorder.

Bloomberg was impressive. Calm and surprisingly knowledgable about
aviation,

Is he a pilot?

Old October 12th 06, 12:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Owen[_4_]

Dan Luke wrote:

"Ron Snipes" wrote:

Mayor Bloomburg handled it professionally, and stated that an airplane of
that size would not have a flight data recorder.

Bloomberg was impressive. Calm and surprisingly knowledgable about
aviation,

Is he a pilot?

I don't think so, but I'd imagine he is quite familiar with general aviation.

Old October 12th 06, 12:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Emily

Owen wrote:
Dan Luke wrote:

"Ron Snipes" wrote:

Mayor Bloomburg handled it professionally, and stated that an airplane of
that size would not have a flight data recorder.

Bloomberg was impressive. Calm and surprisingly knowledgable about
aviation,

Is he a pilot?

I don't think so, but I'd imagine he is quite familiar with general aviation.

Just for kicks, imagine Daley if this had happened in Chicago.
Old October 12th 06, 12:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
.Blueskies.

:
: Mayor Bloomburg handled it professionally, and stated that an airplane of
: that size would not have a flight data recorder.
:
: They are all trying to get on the air First...who cares if the info was
: bogus. First it was supposed to be a helicopter.
:
: I have spent 25 years in TV at local stations and a Video & Film Production
: Company, so I'm aware of the problem.
: Ron
:
:

I like the sensational word that all were using...raining debris and fire on the ground...flames leaping from the
windows...smoke billowing out...

Old October 12th 06, 12:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jon Kraus

Yes he is a pilot, and he owns a '92 Mooney Ovation:

Name: : BLOOMBERG, MICHAEL RUBENS
Airman's Address : 17 E 79TH ST
NEW YORK, NY, 10021-0101
FAA Region : Eastern
Date of Medical : May, 2005
Class of Medical : 3
Expiration of Class 3 : May, 2007
Airman Certificates : Private Pilot
Airplane Single and Multi Engine Land
Rotorcraft Helicopter
Instrument Airplane

Jon Kraus
'79 Mooney 201
4443H @ UMP

Old October 12th 06, 12:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mortimer Schnerd, RN[_2_]

Owen wrote:
Bloomberg was impressive. Calm and surprisingly knowledgable about
aviation,

Is he a pilot?

I don't think so, but I'd imagine he is quite familiar with general aviation.

I just visited the FAA's airmen database and was suitably impressed. He's a
private pilot with ASMEL, rotorcraft, and instrument ratings.

https://amsrvs.registry.faa.gov/airmeninquiry/

There's only one Michael Bloomberg in New York state listed and the middle name
is the same as the mayor's.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com

Old October 12th 06, 12:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Owen[_4_]

".Blueskies." wrote:

"Ron Snipes" wrote in message .. .
[...]

Was any of that *not true*? From the pictures and video that I've seen, it sure appears to have been true. If you
were a reporter, what descriptive words would you have been using to describe what was going on?

Old October 12th 06, 12:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
.Blueskies.

"Owen" wrote in message ...
: ".Blueskies." wrote:
:
: "Ron Snipes" wrote in message .. .
: : After hearing all the speculation on the news today regarding the aircraft
: : that hit the building in NY, I was watching the press conference Mayor
: : Bloomburg was doing around 5:30pm. Some female reporter asked if the Flight
: : Data Recorder had been found yet? (I'm not bashing female reporters!)
: :
[...]

No, and that is the point. Something like the plane fell to the ground after hitting the building...the apartment was
burning...

I also like the way the fire is perpetually burning on CNN. One account said the fire was out in 20 minutes, but the
coverage showed it burning constantly. You could see the water coming out of the windows and the white steam, and then
they would cut away and begin the loop again...