AFCAD221

Old January 15th 04, 08:20 AM
Peter and Susan

Default AFCAD221

How do I get default fs2004 airports to show in the airport list when I open
afcad221 for the first time.
The list I see is very extensive for Europe and the USA but doesn't have the
airport for Brisbane International, Australia YBBN or any other Oceania
[Australia or NZ region of world] airports. YBBN is a very large airport
capable of allowing fully loaded B747s to take off.

I have Australian scenery installed in fs2004 and disk 4 in the CD drive.

Cheers
Peter Cokley

Old January 15th 04, 10:00 AM
Alan White

On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 17:20:35 +1000, "Peter and Susan"
wrote:

How do I get default fs2004 airports to show in the airport list when I open
afcad221 for the first time.

File-Open Airport.
Insert YBBN in the Airport ID window then Search, OK.

--
Alan White
Twenty-eight miles NW of Glasgow.
Old January 15th 04, 10:32 AM
Peter and Susan

Ignore my previous request as I found what I need at
http://afcad.projectai.com/

Cheers
Peter Cokley

Old January 15th 04, 10:37 AM
Peter and Susan

Hi Alan, your suggestion did not work for YBBN but I have since found
someone has done YBBN at http://afcad.projectai.com/ so I will experiemnt
with this.

Thanks Alan anyway, it was worth a try.

Peter Cokley

Old January 16th 04, 01:29 AM
Peter and Susan

How do I get default fs2004 airports to show in the airport list when I

open
afcad221 for the first time.

File-Open Airport.
Insert YBBN in the Airport ID window then Search, OK.
Alan White

Hi Alan,
Now I understand what you mean! It works!!

What I did was to download the YBBN file from http://afcad.projectai.com/
and open it as you said and it works.

What I incorrectly thought at the beginning was AFCAD would collect data
from fs2004 but instead you have to make your own data or download from
http://afcad.projectai.com/ if someone else has saved you the trouble and
already done it and loaded it to that website.

Great for adding an ILS to an airport!!!!

Cheers and thanks
Peter Cokley
www.petan.net

Old January 16th 04, 10:35 AM
Alan White

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 10:29:10 +1000, "Peter and Susan"
wrote:

What I incorrectly thought at the beginning was AFCAD would collect data
from fs2004...

It does.

Have you done a full install with all the scenery? YBBN is in file
....\Flight Simulator 9\Scenery\Aust\scenery\AP988410.BGL.

Have you got that file?

Old January 16th 04, 12:13 PM
Peter and Susan

wrote:

What I incorrectly thought at the beginning was AFCAD would collect data
from fs2004...

It does.
Have you done a full install with all the scenery? YBBN is in file
...\Flight Simulator 9\Scenery\Aust\scenery\AP988410.BGL.

Have you got that file? --
Alan White

No, I don't have the file although I thought I did have Australia installed
on the hard drive, which means I had better redo my fs9 installation.

Thanks Alan!

Cheers
Peter Cokley

Old January 17th 04, 01:26 AM
Peter and Susan

wrote:

What I incorrectly thought at the beginning was AFCAD would collect data
from fs2004...

It does.

Have you done a full install with all the scenery? YBBN is in file
...\Flight Simulator 9\Scenery\Aust\scenery\AP988410.BGL.

Have you got that file?

--
Alan White

AFCAD now working perfectly as you said after a reinstall!!
Many thanks!!!!!

Cheers
Peter Cokley

Old January 17th 04, 10:02 AM
Alan White

On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 10:26:34 +1000, "Peter and Susan"
wrote:

Many thanks!!!!!

:-)