Relief Effort H-60 Crash

Old January 17th 05, 10:09 AM

Default Relief Effort H-60 Crash

I believe the number of 60Bs on board the Lincoln is greater than
only 2-3.

As someone wrote somewhe the exact mix of aircraft aboard a carrier
may depend on its mission, or the particular deplyment. The question
is: whether the large number of SH-60B's here was specially tailored
for the mission (looking for subs, or surface vessels somewhere in the
SE Asia?), or is it the roadmap for the future.

A couple of my friends who detached from HSL-47 recently talk about

it. Of course, it isn't appropriate for me to say exactly how many
aircraft of which types are embarked (even if I did remember the
precise number) on this newsgroup.

For me it is a GREAT pity!;-) - because these numbers are the
difference between the theories and the real life.

When I am an old man, I hope to buy or download a historical book
about USN CV air wings composition during 1990-2010 (long time ago)
;-)))

Detachments from the same

squadron are also distributed in the battlegroup smallboys.

This is different from HSL in the past, when dets from _different_

squadrons would be embarked on smallboy assets in one battlegroup but
not on the carrier. HSL-37 and 51 (Hawaii and Japan) have always
operated a little differently than this since they are alone, ie no
sister squadrons next door.

That must be a one step towards future HSC (MH-60S or MH-60R/MH-60S
operators) and HSM (MH-60R squadrons), which are going to take place
of current HC, HS and HSL communities - maybe with single HSC and
single HSM assigned to each CSG...

Best regards,

Jacek Zemlo