Private strips nationwide - is there a LIST?

Old November 19th 03, 07:31 PM

Default Private strips nationwide - is there a LIST?

I'm looking for a list of private strips nationwide, or on a
regional basis, along with contact information for the
owner/operator. They'll typically be grass or dirt behind a home
or group of homes, and without lighting/navaids they're not in
the nav documents. I've certainly landed on such sites, but have
never seen a list compiled.

Is such a resource published, either online or on paper?

Thanks!
Old November 19th 03, 07:32 PM
Ron Natalie

wrote in message ...

Is such a resource published, either online or on paper?

The AOPA Airport Directory lists some.

Old November 19th 03, 07:50 PM
Jim

As you said nationwide or regional, I'm guessing you don't want lists for
each state. Most states have a department of aviation of some sort. I've
had pretty good success in the past looking up private strips that aren't
shown on sectionals in the individual state registry. I don't know of an
actual list though.
--
Jim Burns III

Remove "nospam" to reply

Old November 19th 03, 08:00 PM
G.R. Patterson III

Is such a resource published, either online or on paper?

The AOPA Airport Directory has such a list. I'm not sure how complete it is.

George Patterson
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something that can
be learned no other way.
Old November 19th 03, 09:17 PM
Kyler Laird

writes:

I'm looking for a list of private strips nationwide, or on a
regional basis, along with contact information for the
owner/operator.

http://foo.aviationtoolbox.org/old/A...txt?format=del

http://foo.aviationtoolbox.org/old/A...ats/Apt_rf.txt

Or...to find one near an address...
http://foo.aviationtoolbox.org/old/n...rts.cgi?use=PR

--kyler
Old November 20th 03, 12:00 AM
Dave S

Airnav at one time used to have a list of EVERY airport registered with
the FAA, including private strips that the owner did not desire to have
charted.

Since I have been told that airnav is now becoming fee based in some
manner, I dont know if that will continue to be true, but in the past,
if you went to www.airnav.com and went to airports... advanced search...
and selected parameters for private strips only, surrounding a given
city or public strip, you would get all the info available, including
contact info.

Dave

Old November 20th 03, 05:15 AM
Tom S.

wrote in message ...
I'm looking for a list of private strips nationwide, or on a
regional basis, along with contact information for the
owner/operator. They'll typically be grass or dirt behind a home
or group of homes, and without lighting/navaids they're not in
the nav documents. I've certainly landed on such sites, but have
never seen a list compiled.

Is such a resource published, either online or on paper?

http://www.airnav.com/airports/search.html

Hit the "private" key.

Old November 20th 03, 06:01 AM
Jeff Franks

Although this group is in startup mode and limited geographically, the
Airfield Owners Association (AOA) in Middle TN has a website with all of
their member sites. As they grow, they hope to expand to a "complete"
listing regionally..

www.airfieldowners.org

Old November 20th 03, 03:15 PM
EDR

In article , wrote:

Is such a resource published, either online or on paper?

Not a list really, but a compilation by state.
The FAA contracts the work out to a private company.
Airports/airstrip owners are supposed to complete an FAA Form 5810(?)
each year with current information. The information on these forms is
compiled into a database and is available.
Try googling "FAA, 5810" and see what you come up with.
Old November 21st 03, 12:08 AM
Kyler Laird

EDR writes:

Is such a resource published, either online or on paper?

Not a list really, but a compilation by state.
The FAA contracts the work out to a private company.
Airports/airstrip owners are supposed to complete an FAA Form 5810(?)
each year with current information. The information on these forms is
compiled into a database and is available.
Try googling "FAA, 5810" and see what you come up with.

Did the reference I gave really not solve the problem? Are there
airports *not* on that list? Anyone have an example?

--kyler