WAC vs Sectional

Old February 2nd 05, 01:05 AM
George Patterson

Doug wrote:

The Aircharts have all the Class B and Class C areas on sectionals in
the back.

What do you mean by "air chart"? I'm looking at a 1994 WAC CG-21, which covers
the area from Philadelphia to most of South Carolina. It does not have anything
special for the Class B and C airports. Is this something new in the last 10
years?

George Patterson
He who would distinguish what is true from what is false must have an
adequate understanding of truth and falsehood.
Old February 2nd 05, 09:44 AM
Dave S

He is referring to a commerical product that comes in a big book. It has
the entire US in WAC charts, with Sectional detail of all Class C and
B airspace. It is updated by subscription.

They also sell sectional charts in big books (east and west versions) as
well as IFR LO charts for the whole country.

http://www.airchart.com/

Dave

Old February 2nd 05, 03:03 PM
Jay Honeck

The new issues later this year will have the identifiers added.

This is a great victory for EAA and AOPA, which have been clamoring for this
addition for a long time.

Adding the airport identifiers to WACs will make them much more usable,
IMHO. I will probably switch to using them exclusively after this change
takes place, since that has always been my biggest objection to using them
in the past.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA