We Are All Spaniards

Old March 13th 04, 08:47 PM
Jay Honeck

Default We Are All Spaniards

We are all Spaniards today.

As a percentage of Spanish population, the horrendous terrorist attack on
Madrid has now actually injured and killed more people than the World Trade
Center attacks did to America in 2001.

Terrorism must be stopped, whatever the cost. Whether it was Basque
separatists or Muslim extremists is irrelevant -- the animals who take
pleasure in this kind of carnage must be hunted down and killed.

I have searched in vain to determine how many airplane pilots are in Spain,
but I'm sure there must be at least one of you lurking on this newsgroup
today. Rest assured that all Americans stand with you, that we will
remember our allies, and that we will help you find the swine who
perpetrated this atrocity.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old March 13th 04, 09:54 PM
Martin Hotze

On Sat, 13 Mar 2004 19:47:47 GMT, Jay Honeck wrote:

Terrorism must be stopped, whatever the cost.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

OK. First you surrender your pilot certificate, next your plane will be
confiscated. Eehh. It's for security, for the homeland. Then we will make
plans for the Hotel. What about a camp?

Whether it was Basque
separatists or Muslim extremists is irrelevant -- the animals who take
pleasure in this kind of carnage must be hunted down

true.

and killed.

(...) Rest assured that all Americans stand with you, that we will
remember our allies,

what if it happened in Germany? They didn't agree with the invasi^err
liberation of Iraq and have not signed this ominous letter to the leader of
the western world.

and that we will help you find the swine who
perpetrated this atrocity.

ah well. I just jumped on another OT post. sorry.
(And BTW you are not spaniard. Your roots are in central Europe, most
likely in Germany.)

#m

--
A far-reaching proposal from the FBI (...) would require all broadband
Internet providers, including cable modem and DSL companies, to rewire
Old March 13th 04, 10:06 PM
Jay Honeck

Terrorism must be stopped, whatever the cost.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
OK. First you surrender your pilot certificate, next your plane will be
confiscated. Eehh. It's for security, for the homeland. Then we will make
plans for the Hotel. What about a camp?

I was referring to financial costs, not personal freedoms.

(...) Rest assured that all Americans stand with you, that we will
remember our allies,

what if it happened in Germany? They didn't agree with the invasi^err
liberation of Iraq and have not signed this ominous letter to the leader

of
the western world.

I suspect such an attack on Berlin would so shock the German people that
they would realize their misjudgment regarding the war on terrorism. In
the end, we would support them as allies.

ah well. I just jumped on another OT post. sorry.
(And BTW you are not spaniard. Your roots are in central Europe, most
likely in Germany.)

Symbolism and metaphor escape you yet again. Keep working on it -- you'll
get it sooner or later.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old March 13th 04, 10:08 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
newszJ4c.6689$_w.233787@attbi_s53...

We are all Spaniards today.

As a percentage of Spanish population, the horrendous terrorist
attack on Madrid has now actually injured and killed more people than
the World Trade Center attacks did to America in 2001.

Terrorism must be stopped, whatever the cost. Whether it was Basque
separatists or Muslim extremists is irrelevant -- the animals who take
pleasure in this kind of carnage must be hunted down and killed.

I have searched in vain to determine how many airplane pilots are
in Spain, but I'm sure there must be at least one of you lurking on this
newsgroup today. Rest assured that all Americans stand with you,
that we will remember our allies, and that we will help you find the
swine who perpetrated this atrocity.

Terrorism must be stopped, whatever the cost? Oh, I don't think so. Some
prices are just too high. If stopping terrorism means surrendering freedom
the price is too high.

Old March 13th 04, 10:37 PM
Teacherjh

( "whatever the cost"
I was referring to financial costs, not personal freedoms.

There is a point at which financial costs become limits on personal freedoms.
Perhaps not for you, but for many. And then, soon, even for you.

Jose

Old March 13th 04, 11:30 PM
Jay Honeck

There is a point at which financial costs become limits on personal
freedoms.
Perhaps not for you, but for many. And then, soon, even for you.

So, your alternatives are...what? Declare victory and come home? Give the
terrorists what they want? (Whatever that is?)

It was this kind of thinking that gave the world Hitler, Tojo, Stalin, Mao,
Pol Pot, Idi Amin, Saddam...

We need to close ranks on the issue of terrorism, both nationally and
internationally, or the terrorists have already won.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old March 13th 04, 11:56 PM
Rosspilot

If stopping terrorism means surrendering freedom
the price is too high.

There is no such thing as "stopping terrorism". It is a fantasy . . . an
illusion . . . an impossibility.

"Terrorism" (the euphamism for attacks on civilians designed to wreak havoc and
cause fear among the target population) is a tactic. It is here to stay.

I don't see "hunting them down and killing them" as either feasible or
effective. For every one you kill, there are 10,000 more
waiting to take his place with greater fervor and comittment.

I wish that it were not so.

www.Rosspilot.com

Old March 14th 04, 12:12 AM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Rosspilot" wrote in message

There is no such thing as "stopping terrorism". It is a fantasy . . . an
illusion . . . an impossibility.

"Terrorism" (the euphamism for attacks on civilians designed to wreak
havoc and cause fear among the target population) is a tactic. It is
here to stay.

There's no point where the terrorists will realize their tactics will not
yield their desired result?

I don't see "hunting them down and killing them" as either feasible or
effective. For every one you kill, there are 10,000 more
waiting to take his place with greater fervor and comittment.

Where do you get your figures from?

Old March 14th 04, 12:47 AM
John Harlow

There is no such thing as "stopping terrorism". It is a fantasy . .
. an illusion . . . an impossibility.

Finally a sensible statment. Sorry, Jay, as much as I wish it weren't so,
you could spend every dollar in the world on fighting terrorism (just like
the "drug war") and you won't wipe it out.

What you need to do is remove the fuel from the fire. Americans need to
stop thinking they know what's best for the world.

Old March 14th 04, 12:53 AM
Jay Honeck

What you need to do is remove the fuel from the fire. Americans need to
stop thinking they know what's best for the world.

An interesting perspective, John. I suggest you explain it to the people of
Madrid.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA