Info please

Old October 20th 06, 05:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
ASM

Default Info please

Can you point me to a source of "wedekind sleeves" (I hope I spelled it
properly) which will install over the l'Hotellier conectors? Also, I am
in a need of the graphic symbols for cockpit use, I mean the landing
gear down and up icon, the speed brakes, etc. I would like to find them
in some sort of a format that I could simply give to my local print
shop and get it printed on vinyl or something of that nature. Any help
would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jacek
Washington State

Old October 20th 06, 06:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jim Vincent

"ASM" wrote in message
ups.com...
Can you point me to a source of "wedekind sleeves" (I hope I spelled it
properly) which will install over the l'Hotellier conectors? Also, I am
in a need of the graphic symbols for cockpit use, I mean the landing
gear down and up icon, the speed brakes, etc. I would like to find them
in some sort of a format that I could simply give to my local print
shop and get it printed on vinyl or something of that nature. Any help
would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jacek
Washington State

I know M&H had the sleeves a few years ago. Try touching base with them
http://www.mandhsoaring.com/home.html

More info on the sleeves he
http://www.sli-institute.ac.uk/~bob/dg200/hotellier.htm

You can get the placards already printed from the SSA at www.ssa.org go to
SSA Store, Accessories and scroll down to Cockpit Symbol Decal.

Old October 20th 06, 04:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Todd

I just scanned the images from my ASW-20 manual and used my p-Touch
printer to print them on laminated labels. Cheep, quick and easy to
replace when they look ratty.
Todd

Old October 20th 06, 04:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Todd wrote:
I just scanned the images from my ASW-20 manual and used my p-Touch
printer to print them on laminated labels. Cheep, quick and easy to
replace when they look ratty.
Todd

Thanks for the info.

Jacek

Old October 20th 06, 05:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell

ASM wrote:
Can you point me to a source of "wedekind sleeves" (I hope I spelled it
properly) which will install over the l'Hotellier conectors? Also, I am
in a need of the graphic symbols for cockpit use, I mean the landing
gear down and up icon, the speed brakes, etc. I would like to find them
in some sort of a format that I could simply give to my local print
shop and get it printed on vinyl or something of that nature. Any help
would be greatly appreciated.

The SSA store has a decal sheet of these symbols for $1.

http://tinyurl.com/y5yy2m

--
Eric Greenwell - Washington State, USA

"Transponders in Sailplanes" on the Soaring Safety Foundation website
www.soaringsafety.org/prevention/articles.html

"A Guide to Self-launching Sailplane Operation" at www.motorglider.org
Old October 20th 06, 06:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
stephanevdv

You can find cockpit icons he
http://download.planeur.net.free.fr/...ictogramme.zip

Old October 20th 06, 09:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jim Vincent

These are great. Thanks!

Try laminating them with clear shelving laminate from Home Depot and use
thin double stick carpet tape on the back. If you want to make placards for
your panel, I have a template he http://www.mymedtrans.com/personal.htm

oups.com...

Old October 21st 06, 02:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy[_1_]

ASM wrote:
Can you point me to a source of "wedekind sleeves"

Depending on the glider you may find that safety pins are a much
simpler and less expensive solution.

Andy