Has Anyone Gotten 2 Monitors to Work with FS9 or FSX?

Old March 3rd 08, 07:46 PM posted to alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim,rec.aviation.simulators
newsiimmer

Default Has Anyone Gotten 2 Monitors to Work with FS9 or FSX?

Thanks everyone. I'll give it a shot and let you know. BTW, sorry for
cross-posting.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information in this message, and any files
transmitted with it, is confidential, may be legally privileged, and

"The OTHER Kevin in San Diego" skiddz "AT" adelphia "DOT" net wrote in
message ...
On Sun, 2 Mar 2008 07:43:20 -0500, "newsiimmer"
wrote:

If so, please tell me how. Thanks

How about 6 monitors, a small NTSC display and a projector? Dual
nVidia 7950s and a 6600 with an S-Video output. Granted, 2 of the
monitors are using splitters, but we ARE driving 5 discreet video
sources. All of this on an Intel dual QuadCore machine with 4G RAM.

We've got some wierd artifacts that pop up on the out the window view
from time to time, but we think those are video driver issues or bus
timing issues.

Old March 4th 08, 04:24 AM posted to alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim,rec.aviation.simulators
newsiimmer

Thanks everyone but I'm still a flight dummy and can't understand what you
mean by undocking since the window won't go over to the second monitor so I
can span it. What do I do now?

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information in this message, and any files
transmitted with it, is confidential, may be legally privileged, and
intended only for the use of the individual(s) named above. Be aware that
the use of any confidential or personal information may be restricted by
state and federal privacy laws. If you are not the intended recipient, do
not further disseminate this message. If this message was received in error,
please notify the sender and delete it.

"Brett I. Holcomb" wrote in message
No problem with cross-posting when done correctly - moderate number of
newsgroups. It's multi-posting you dont' want to do. With
cross-posting an answer in one group is propagated to the others so
one answer covers all the groups and if you're not monitoring the
group an answer is posted in you still see the answer.. With
mullti-posting each is a separate post and hence requires a separate
answer.

Old March 4th 08, 05:13 AM posted to alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim,rec.aviation.simulators
Vernon Balbert

On 3/3/2008 7:24 PM, newsiimmer went clickity clack on the keyboard and
produced this interesting bit of text:
Thanks everyone but I'm still a flight dummy and can't understand what you
mean by undocking since the window won't go over to the second monitor so I
can span it. What do I do now?

Right-click on the panel you want to move over to the second monitor and
select Undock. It will grow a window border and you can just grab it
and move it to the other monitor.

--
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
"Um, I think so, Brain, but wasn't Dicky Ducky released on his own

Old March 13th 08, 06:27 AM posted to alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim,rec.aviation.simulators
At Where

If he did have everything he needed, he probably wouldn't be asking
for details.

Anyhow. The other poster got me to thinking about it some more and I
realized he might be correct. Maybe.

I fly in fullscreen, not windows desktop windowed mode. It might be
possible, if you have the regular windows desktop spanned. Fly in
window mode vs fullscreen and stretch a single window across both
monitors like you might do other apps. I do it all the time for other
apps like excel and paint shop pro, but not for FSX.

For fullscreen mode in FSX, my setup doesn't like spanning. I'll have
to run the experiment in wondow mode and see how that works.

I have dual Dell 24" flatscreen monitors. One is turned 90deg
(vertical / portrait / "tall screen") and the other is normal
(horizontal / landscape / "widescreen")
Resolutions are 1920x1200 and 1200x1920 on a Radeon 3870x2 1gb card.

On Mon, 3 Mar 2008 16:43:43 -0000, "Quilljar" wrote:

I think you have all the information you need now. The thing is to
experiment a bit and see what happens. We all had to do that to begin with.
Good luck, and let us know how you got on. If you have further problems
after trying a few things, come back here and ask. After that, you will be
telling the next lot how it's done...

Old March 17th 08, 08:48 PM posted to alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim,rec.aviation.simulators

I have a question - not really similar but along the same lines and I
was wondering if anyone has experienced the same issues.

I had a pentium 4 2.4ghz with 768 ram and a dual 256mb ati 9600
radeon.

When i wanted to utilise both monitors i would first come out of full
screen mode (alt + ent) then undock the features (gps, throttle quad
etc) move them to the 2nd display then alt + ent again to go back into
full screen mode. worked a treat

fs9 btw.

now i have quad core 2.4ghz q6600, 4gb ram and a 768 nvidia geforce
8800 gtx. i can for the life of me not get the 2nd display working in
full screen mode. when i try the above the screens flicker then just
go black.

i have to exit full screen mode again to get the display back.

Is there loss of performance using windowed mode? I don't know why
really but i prefer full screen.

any ideas?

I am sure i have read other users using multiple monitors but i
presume they use window'd mode???

aaaarrrrggggghhhhh

:-)

Multiple Monitors on FS2002 Steve Simulators 2 May 26th 05 05:42 PM
engine monitors Rosspilot Owning 21 January 1st 05 04:13 PM
Using 2 monitors with FS9 Joe C Simulators 12 December 22nd 04 01:13 AM
FS:Custom molded in ear monitors Andre Piloting 4 January 8th 04 02:37 PM