Winpilot pro and Ipaq 4700 locking up.

Old July 15th 08, 12:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
joesimmers

Default Winpilot pro and Ipaq 4700 locking up.

I am trying to run the latest version Winpilot pro on an Ipaq hx4700
and am having trouble with the program locking up and freezing,
leaving the Ipaq useless till you do a soft restart.

The Ipaq is wired directly to a 302.

I am using a Windows Mobile 6.1 operating system. I have been told
this may be the problem.

For the last week I have tryed to reinstall the WM 2003 operating
system that came with the Ipaq, the best luck I
have had is downgrading to WM5.0 which still crashes.

Has anyone here succesfully downgraded their Ipaq to WM 2003? I would
like to find out where you downloaded the program and how it was done.

Thanks for any advice,

Joe Simmers
Old July 15th 08, 01:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi Joe,

I was successful at downgrading from Windows Mobile 5 to 2003 using the
files found on the HP support site. I think it runs the best in 2003.

Just go to hp.com, then follow links to support and/or downloads and then
enter hx4700 for the model number and eventually you should get to a page
with downloads that are specific to the hx4700.

Good Soaring,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com

Old July 15th 08, 03:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tuno

Joe -- do some more searching on this forum, if I had another circular
tuit I could point you there myself, but i solved this problem by
upgrading my hx4700 to WM6. It's not an authorized upgrade, but works!

2NO
Old July 15th 08, 03:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tuno

Joe,

Search for the thread with the subject "Which PDA?". You might find it
he http://tinyurl.com/5qzx8p

The link to the upgrade I used is he http://wm6.flyingarizona.net/

Good luck!

2NO
Old July 15th 08, 10:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ramy

On Jul 15, 4:46*am, joesimmers wrote:
I am trying to run the latest version Winpilot pro on an Ipaq hx4700
and am having trouble with the program locking up and freezing,
leaving the Ipaq useless till you do a soft restart.

The Ipaq is wired directly to a 302.

I am using a Windows Mobile 6.1 operating system. I have been told
this may be the problem.

For the last week I have tryed to reinstall the WM 2003 operating
system that came with the Ipaq, the best luck I
have had is downgrading to WM5.0 which still crashes.

Has anyone here succesfully downgraded their Ipaq to WM 2003? I would
like to find out where you downloaded the program and how it was done.

Thanks for any advice,

Joe Simmers

Which version of winpilot are you using? I am running an earlier 9.n
version with WM 6.1 and have no lockup problems. I didn't try to
upgrade to any of the latest 9.n versions as they mostly target Flarm
users. If you don't use Flarm it may be easier to downgrade to an
earlier winpilot version instead of reinstalling your OS and all
programs.

Ramy
Old July 17th 08, 05:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy Smielkiewicz[_2_]

You can try this 6.1 version
http://rapidshare.com/files/12856931...a_v1g.zip.html
read posts on this forum to get info on how to do resets/upgrade
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...398762&page=41

Andy

IPAQ 4700/4705 Doug LS4 Soaring 9 January 31st 06 01:01 PM
New iPAQ 4700 Paul Remde Soaring 2 October 9th 04 11:06 PM
Winpilot/SeeYouMob with IPAQ 4150 Nick Gilbert Soaring 12 February 25th 04 01:58 AM
iPAQ 38xx/Winpilot ADV Pete Startup Soaring 9 February 24th 04 10:09 PM
WinPilot and Bluetooth on iPAQ 3970 anyone? Al Soaring 7 August 7th 03 03:10 PM