Weather in the UK

Old January 12th 04, 04:33 PM
Paul Sengupta

Default Weather in the UK

The non-flying weather continues...glad I didn't go up yesterday!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/south_west/3387191.stm

Old January 12th 04, 10:55 PM
Jay Honeck

Wow -- what was the temperature at the time of the tornado?

I figured it would be too cold in winter for this kind of weather!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old January 13th 04, 09:41 AM
Paul Sengupta

I would guess it was about 7 or 8 degrees C.

There was a thread recently about winter thunderstorms.

Paul

newsBFMb.36829$I06.235676@attbi_s01...

Old January 14th 04, 11:22 AM
Dylan Smith

In article DBFMb.36829$I06.235676@attbi_s01, Jay Honeck wrote:
Wow -- what was the temperature at the time of the tornado?

I figured it would be too cold in winter for this kind of weather!

We've had T-storms in the Isle of Man this winter (including hail).
I've seen thundersnow in the south of England, too - so you do get some
convective activity this time of year.

--
Dylan Smith, Castletown, Isle of Man
Flying: http://www.dylansmith.net
Old January 14th 04, 01:27 PM
Paul Sengupta

I went flying yesterday. A break in the weather coincided with a
lull in my work so I took the afternoon off. Only got up for 35 mins,
but after a month and a half it felt good!

35 knot winds aloft, windshear that took my ASI from 65,knots to
80 knots and back again (with corresponding change in control
feel) several times on approach, but fairly calm near the ground,
so landing was fine.

Paul