Dec. SSA Magazine # 711 reporting

Old December 10th 07, 07:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Dec. SSA Magazine # 711 reporting

Just spoke with Ronda at SSA, I, like some others, haven't
recieved the Dec issue,. so I sent an email to her. Seems lke for some
unknown reason, ?electronic world we live in', some of us fell off the
mailing list. Yet, we are still their when they check the program. If
your Dec. issue hasn't come yet and you don't have it by weeks end,
you may need to send her an email. Some folks already have ( I have
no idea whom they be) and those are being sent out today.
Open "Contact us" on the SSA webpage and you will see the email
address for your needs.

Thermal tight, Soar high, Fly safe # 711 reporting
Old December 10th 07, 08:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Dec 10, 2:40 pm, wrote:
Seems lke for some
unknown reason, ?electronic world we live in',

So at what point would they realize that they had X amount of
magazines sent out vs X amount printed.....?

Doug
Old December 10th 07, 09:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Dec 10, 1:32�pm, "
wrote:
On Dec 10, 2:40 pm, wrote:
�Seems lke for some

unknown reason, ?electronic world we live in',

So at what point would they realize that they had X amount of
magazines sent out vs X amount printed.....?

Doug

It happens, I believe, mid-month, Doug. The SSA does not address
the magazines at/in the SSA office/building in Hobbs. The mailing
list, is sent out to the addressor, where the magazines are, who then
addresses the magazines to the addressee's, with an electronic mailing
machine. This, electronic mailing machine, receives the mailing list
from the SSA office via electronic communication. Oh, the addessor is
the USPS ( United States Postal Service). Also, more issues are
printed, than are mailed out. SSA does send to the addessor, around
mid-month, on those that have reported they have missed/lost/ or
whatever and have not gotten their magazine, yet, and then these get
sent out. Now, some of the above could be alittle shuffled, but its
close.
I have been around the SSA and their offices since the mid 60's,
and the folks at the SSA office have always tried to do their best as
they know how many look forward to the monthly magazine. I even
remember when one person would take copies that were several months
old and go to LAX and was allowed to slip them in the back seat of
airliners for some passengers to read. As a matter of fact, I know of
more than several who have done this. That you can bank on, Doug, with
no FDIC required.
I hope this enlightens your reply.

Thermal tight, Soar high, Fly safe, # 711.
Old December 10th 07, 09:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Dec 10, 4:20 pm, wrote:
I hope this enlightens your reply.
Thermal tight, Soar high, Fly safe, # 711.

Thanks for taking the time to explain....we all need a little
enlightenment once in a while!
Doug

Old December 10th 07, 11:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Whelan[_2_]

On Dec 10, 11:40 am, wrote:
Just spoke with Ronda at SSA, I, like some others, haven't
recieved the Dec issue,...

Mine remains MIA. My personal record (since '73) occurred about a year
ago when the late issue arrived but 2 days prior to the next month's
issue. That was the 3rd or 4th consecutive, ever-later, slothful
arrival...after which, until this month, each issue arrived within a few
days of the 1st of the month. No active intercession on my part...

Near as localized comparisons could determine, the local P.O. controlled
last year's (distinctly localized within our geographic area) sloth.

FWIW, ~10 years of putting out my club's monthly newsletter (always
mailed in a group, usually from the personal mailbox outside the house)
semi-routinely yielded some truly bizarre individual delays (from a
small mailing; varied from ~50-~120 in size).

Regards,
Bob W.
Old December 17th 07, 08:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

On Dec 10, 1:40 pm, wrote:
Just spoke with Ronda at SSA, I, like some others, haven't
recieved the Dec issue,. so I sent an email to her. Seems lke for some
unknown reason, ?electronic world we live in', some of us fell off the
mailing list. Yet, we are still their when they check the program. If
your Dec. issue hasn't come yet and you don't have it by weeks end,
you may need to send her an email. Some folks already have ( I have
no idea whom they be) and those are being sent out today.
Open "Contact us" on the SSA webpage and you will see the email
address for your needs.

Thermal tight, Soar high, Fly safe # 711 reporting

i understand tommykeylargo received his a day after the ssa office
mailed a replacement

i suppose a bump in the ol' eagle fund contribution would be in order

Old December 18th 07, 04:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I'm happy to say that I finally received my December issue yesterday
the 17th.
Doug