Towplane fuel discounts

Old December 20th 10, 03:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
brianDG303[_2_]

Default Towplane fuel discounts

At my club, we have three tow planes and buy $20,000 a year in fuel,
we just pay the pump (retail) price. Recently I was informed that we
should be getting a discount on fuel, I am about to talk to the
supplier about that, and wonder if there is a customary discount I
should be asking for.

Is anyone familiar with these discounts?

Brian

Old December 20th 10, 04:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
flymaule

PGC saves, on average, $1.00+ per gallon by having our own above
ground fuel tank. Yes, the initial paperwork and permits can be a
real hassle--but it is worth it. In addition to the substantial cost
saving per gallon you will have a big saving in time and efficiency
(no waiting at the pumps, etc). You need a tank large enough to allow
you to purchase "split loads" of fuel {the 8,000+ gallon tanker can
deliver a full load to 2 customers in the same area} in order to
maximuize savings. This means a minimum 3,000 gal tank--preferably
4,000 gal. You can also put in a tank large enough for a full tanker--
but I diubt this is practical for you needs.

Happy Holidays--

Skip Guimond

Old December 20th 10, 09:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Taylor

On Dec 20, 1:45*pm, Steve Freeman wrote:
SCOH has done the same for years. Definitely worth looking into.

On Dec 20, 10:13*am, flymaule wrote:

PGC saves, on average, $1.00+ per gallon by having our own above
ground fuel tank. *Yes, the initial paperwork and permits can be a
real hassle--but it is worth it. *In addition to the substantial cost
saving per gallon you will have a big saving in time and efficiency
(no waiting at the pumps, etc). *You need a tank large enough to allow
you to purchase "split loads" of fuel {the 8,000+ gallon tanker can
deliver a full load to 2 customers in the same area} in order to
maximuize savings. *This means a minimum 3,000 gal tank--preferably
4,000 gal. *You can also put in a tank large enough for a full tanker--
but I diubt this is practical for you needs.

Happy Holidays--

Skip Guimond

To answer your question directly. Yes you should be able to negotiate
a fuel discount with your local FBO even if you don't want to go the
route of having your own tanks. This works especially well if there
are options on the field, i.e. two FBO's. If you are significant
player on your field then you can usually get 10% to 20% discount.

Discounts on Aviation Training DVDs PilotPubs Products 0 July 1st 06 03:50 AM
Angel Flight fuel discounts John Doe Piloting 4 January 20th 06 01:24 PM
Military Discounts David Naval Aviation 0 February 23rd 05 08:39 PM
CAP discounts Tony Cox Piloting 3 February 23rd 04 07:07 PM
America's Best Coupons and Discounts! GWIZ Aviation Marketplace 1 September 27th 03 09:13 PM