No Love for the Uvalde 2012 World Championship?

Old February 3rd 12, 09:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Scott Alexander[_2_]

Default No Love for the Uvalde 2012 World Championship?

From what I am told there is no love from anyone to video tape the
world championship this year in Uvalde. If that's the case, I am very
dissapointed.

Can anyone who is "in the know" chip in their 2 cents on whether or
not something's in the works?

I will be thrilled if there is actually someone who has a plan in the
works to document every fine day of soaring at the World's.
Specifically, I'd like to see Dick Butler whoop some butt in his
Concordia with an onboard camera, a documentary, and interviews from
people as if I was right there cruising along the cloudstreet. Sure
be a nice sequel to the Sunship Game.......maybe this time in HD.

-------"If", there is anyone who needs to get to Uvalde to complete
this project. Tell them to contact me and I will get them some free
buddy passes on JetBlue Airways to get them down there. That'll be my
contribution to this sport.

Juan Mendlebaum? Anyone?

Scott Alexander
901 270 6099
Old February 6th 12, 06:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean Fidler

Tiffany and I could, perhaps, help with producing videos. Have not been formally asked but am already planning on 4 days onsite. I would be willing to do some filming formally if the organizers request it.
Old February 6th 12, 07:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Feb 3, 4:41*pm, Scott Alexander
wrote:
From what I am told there is no love from anyone to video tape the
[...]

I understand, from what I've overheard at the convention, that there
is expected to be a video of the event but don't know details.
I think it is not yet firmed up.
UH
Old February 7th 12, 01:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean Fidler

Outstanding...more than enough. My guess is that all 2 are European (French and German) and the third is Australian or South American.
Old February 7th 12, 04:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

On Feb 6, 6:50*pm, Sean Fidler wrote:
Outstanding...more than enough. *My guess is that all 2 are European (French and German) and the third is Australian or South American.

I believe there is an effort in Texas planning on such a venture and
also some live tracking (other than spot) at the organizer level.
Sorry, no other details.

Frank Whiteley