Frost on wings

Old January 10th 05, 06:27 AM
C J Campbell

"Mike Rhodes" wrote in message
news

Apologies. After reading your reply, I'm having difficulty calling it
a 'great post'; though I do take this seriously. There is some eating
of words in a couple of assumptions; along with the thought of writing
something like that with few actual facts, and towards a standard in a
news group I do enjoy.

Though Shakespeare is not a favorite, I did enjoy your follow-up.

I live where palm trees grow quite easily, among other things. It's
at a different border than the one near you; its a different region
entirely. The weather's warmer than Puget Sound, but I don't think
you would enjoy it. We get along by political necessity, and that is
not a comfortable feeling. I really don't want those circumstances to
grow. But at least it's temporary, in my case.

Some people hear a person say something that they disagree with, and they
make all kinds of assumptions about him: where he lives, his background,
what he likes and dislikes. People do that with me all the time; sometimes I
think the only exercise they get is jumping to conclusions. I have been
variously called a communist, a fascist, a right wing Christian
fundamentalist, uneducated, someone who has never traveled outside the US, a
racial bigot and a homophobe. I am none of those things. When people make
those kinds of conclusions I think it says a lot more about them than it
does about me.

I have been all over the world. We lived in the Philippines for two years
while I was in the Air Force. Like everything else you may have thought you
knew about me, you have no idea what kind of weather I like or not like.

But I still don't like frost on my wings.

Old January 10th 05, 08:17 PM
Mike Rhodes

(Apologies to the group for being so off-topic. This post is not a
brief, casual comment. I won't make it a habit.)

On Sun, 9 Jan 2005 22:27:38 -0800, "C J Campbell"
wrote:

Some people hear a person say something that they disagree with, and they
make all kinds of assumptions about him: where he lives, his background,
what he likes and dislikes. People do that with me all the time; sometimes I
think the only exercise they get is jumping to conclusions. I have been
variously called a communist, a fascist, a right wing Christian
fundamentalist, uneducated, someone who has never traveled outside the US, a
racial bigot and a homophobe.

I will not except those descriptions; at least, as they are
prejudicially defined. Too often they are used as curse words to
intimidate, to abuse the conscience of a people having conscience.
They have power because there is some history of justification for
there use, or seems to be. It is simple name-calling, for the
definition from the dictionary is _never_ discussed.

But those who batter others with them are either thankful for the
connotations, or they are shallow (not thinking straight). For the
intent is not strictly to correct, but to manipulate for personal
convenience. Having avoided the dictionary, some are arrogant enough
to think to create what they believe should be truth, as opposed to
what is. This by abusing the conscience with a lie, and it is one
which is overt. So they often know what they are doing. Such are not
nice people.

The word 'racism' is itself hateful word, a lie of connotations. And
'equality' is near to a farce; fundamentally so. The proof comes when
theft is made in order to sustain the pretense. (I am very angry. It
is justified.)

I am none of those things.

I didn't think you were those things.

When people make
those kinds of conclusions I think it says a lot more about them than it
does about me.

When it comes to name-calling which is politically motivated, I
believe it's best to aswer it, rather than letting them just 'think.'
Or maybe you prefer the connotations? Instead of a persuance of the
truth? The two are not 'equal'. Though allowing them to appear equal
isn't the same as a legal enforcement of such. Or is it?

Unfortunately, it is often a useless exercise to waste words on those
content to believe a lie. So we may have little choice but to "let
them think." This may become a habit. A way to break that habit and
to force genuine thought (not prejudicial), is to start some form of
war.

I have been all over the world. We lived in the Philippines for two years
while I was in the Air Force. Like everything else you may have thought you
knew about me, you have no idea what kind of weather I like or not like.

A military life has a skewed image of the world. It remains isolated
from that people it is in. Politics and social living are not
substantially shared. The notion of living in a neighborhood which is
like yourself is diminished. You are not one of many, but one
protecting many. That is what becomes important, and it is not good.

The justification for your presence can detrimentally affect the ego
(not yours alone). It is not glorious 'American pride,' but an
infatuation with an idea. You think, without substantial proof, (Viet
Nam & Korea), you are there to 'save the world,' and not to invade it
(initially) for personal profit. But what good are they to you or me,
except for ego? Out-sourcing slavery? We still need slaves, but only
if they're foreign? What you have 'saved' has caused us trouble.

I will get angry here, for I have no respect for the military that
saves the world, while compromising mine in that egotistical
non-effort. Why should I care whether the military is in the
Phillipines? Especially if you invite your hosts into my country, as
an exchange of gifts for your military presence in their country; as
if it were my presence, as if I wanted it, or should want it.

Korea would be better off if we never touched it; or even if we lost
it like Viet Nam. But I think Israel, indirectly, is the major force
for over-seas deployment, and world-saving. It has meshed with our
'Judeo-Christian' arguments, even motivated conspiracies (and oil is
nearby), and cost us perspective. "Judeo-Christian" is not Christian,
nor is world-saving. We were not created to be one people, obviously.

And even if not a Christian, you have no right to enforce world-saving
on me. Whether ordered by the 'Commander-in-Chief', or even if voted
on (which it never is), it is still wrong.

Protect my home, _MY_ home. Otherwise, the military, to it's 'Chief',
is a worthless source of trouble. The offending heart is arrogant,
taking what is not his, and sacrificing what is not his. And
seriously worrying some (terrorists) who naturally prefer not to be
married into a such mixed unions. And that IS the apparent purpose of
the U.S. military. Take your guns from the wedding ceremonies!
Despite the Civil War they do not belong there! You are not God, you
are not right.

Though God may not be specifically for the terrorists, He just might
agree on some point in their thinking.

But I still don't like frost on my wings.

As yet I haven't even had the opportunity to clean it off my wings.
But I can see it coming. I won't like it either.
--
Mike
Old January 13th 05, 01:59 PM
Jon Kraus

It has been in the 60's here in Indiana... Hence no frost!! :-)

Jon Kraus
PP-ASEL-IA
'79 Mooney 201 Triple43Hotel

Old January 13th 05, 02:50 PM
Sam O'Nella

Jon Kraus wrote:
It has been in the 60's here in Indiana... Hence no frost!! :-)

There hasn't been Frost in almost 41 years.