City controlled airspace?

Old April 20th 07, 01:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Steven P. McNicoll

Default City controlled airspace?

"Denny" wrote in message
oups.com...

Your state drivers license gives you the legal right to operate a
motor vehicle and you may exercise that right at will and without
interference from the state.. For the state to take that license away
it must be able to prove to the court that there is an overriding
legal reason for the taking of something that is your 'right'....

There are many that insist driving is a privilege, not a right.

A certificate (in this case the Airmans Certificate) does not confer
legal rights. Your airmans certificate gives you the 'privilege' of
flying only as long as Ms. Administrator of the FAA chooses. It can
be revoked at will, then you have to take the FAA to court and prove
that they had no reasonable cause for the revocation...

If they can revoke it at will they do not need cause.

Old April 20th 07, 01:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jose

that all messages are plane ASCII text.

Is this an attempt to stay on topic?

(Sorry, I couldn't resist - I'll go back into my corner now.)

Jose
--
Get high on gasoline: fly an airplane.
Old April 20th 07, 02:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601XL Builder

Larry Dighera wrote:
On Thu, 19 Apr 2007 20:48:03 GMT, "Steven P. McNicoll"
wrote in
. net:

Let's agree that anything that has the properties of a license, such
as an airman certificate, is a license.

Does the federal government license Constitutional rights?

Yes, from time to time it does.

Old April 20th 07, 03:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Larry Dighera

On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 12:02:00 GMT, "Steven P. McNicoll"
wrote in
t:

"Larry Dighera" wrote in message
.. .

Do you understand the difference between a right and a privilege?

The former is something to which one has a just claim; the latter is
granted to one by an entity with the power to do so.

If the entity with the power must grant it, is it a right or a privilege?

If you refer to your initial question, you will see that I have
provided the answer to your second question.

Old April 20th 07, 03:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Larry Dighera

On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 08:49:58 -0400, Jose
wrote in :

that all messages are plane ASCII text.

Is this an attempt to stay on topic?

(Sorry, I couldn't resist - I'll go back into my corner now.)

Thanks. I kneaded that. :-(
Old April 20th 07, 04:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_2_]

"Denny" wrote

A certificate (in this case the Airmans Certificate) does not confer
legal rights. Your airmans certificate gives you the 'privilege' of
flying only as long as Ms. Administrator of the FAA chooses. It can
be revoked at will, then you have to take the FAA to court and prove
that they had no reasonable cause for the revocation...

So the difference is sharp and clear...
To revoke a drivers license THEY must first prove that there is
adequate reason..
To get back your airmans certificate YOU must prove they were wrong in
revoking it...

On top of that reasoning, is the fact that you have to meet other
requirements to be able to exercise the right to fly, such as a medical,
BFR's, and being current.
--
Jim in NC

Old April 20th 07, 06:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Denny

On Apr 20, 11:37 am, "Morgans" wrote:
"Denny" wrote

A certificate (in this case the Airmans Certificate) does not confer
legal rights. Your airmans certificate gives you the 'privilege' of
flying only as long as Ms. Administrator of the FAA chooses. It can
be revoked at will, then you have to take the FAA to court and prove
that they had no reasonable cause for the revocation...

So the difference is sharp and clear...
To revoke a drivers license THEY must first prove that there is
adequate reason..
To get back your airmans certificate YOU must prove they were wrong in
revoking it...

On top of that reasoning, is the fact that you have to meet other
requirements to be able to exercise the right to fly, such as a medical,
BFR's, and being current.
--
Jim in NC

Same requirements for the drivers license, i.e. not blind, not
epileptic, etc...
Yes you have to have a certificate to exercise the privilege of
flying...
Yes you have to have a license to exercise the right to drive...
It isn't granting of either the license or the certificate that is the
difference, it is the level of rights once granted...

denny

Old April 20th 07, 09:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dallas

On Thu, 19 Apr 2007 20:56:47 -0400, Dana M. Hague wrote:

SEC. 5-24. ONLY PILOT OR COMPETENT MECHANIC TO RUN ENGINE.

Sidestepping the "license" vs. "certificate" issue, even a student
pilot has a "student pilot certificate".

I didn't have a medical for several months, so apparently I was in
violation when I attended the controls and started the engine.

--
Dallas
Old April 20th 07, 11:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Steven P. McNicoll

"Larry Dighera" wrote in message

If the entity with the power must grant it, is it a right or a privilege?

If you refer to your initial question, you will see that I have
provided the answer to your second question.

I don't think so. My initial question was, "Is an airman certificate not
formal permission from a governmental authority to do something?"

It was a simple question, why not just provide a simple answer?

Old April 21st 07, 03:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Larry Dighera

On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 22:44:51 GMT, "Steven P. McNicoll"
wrote in
. net:

"Larry Dighera" wrote in message
.. .

If the entity with the power must grant it, is it a right or a privilege?

If you refer to your initial question, you will see that I have
provided the answer to your second question.

I don't think so. My initial question was, "Is an airman certificate not
formal permission from a governmental authority to do something?"

It was a simple question, why not just provide a simple answer?

Because it is not a question to which I chose to respond.

While you did pose that question in: Message-ID:
et, it wasn't
addressed to me.