T-33 Down

Old November 3rd 03, 02:09 AM
Thomas W Ping

Default T-33 Down

TV is reporting a T-33 down in a Santa Clarita, California trailer
park. No details other than three burned up trailers.

--
Thomas Winston Ping
Old November 3rd 03, 10:21 PM
Tony

Thomas W Ping wrote in message ...
TV is reporting a T-33 down in a Santa Clarita, California trailer
park. No details other than three burned up trailers.

More info he

http://www.dailynews.com/Stories/0,1...740969,00.html
Old November 3rd 03, 10:32 PM
Gene Storey

Probably an airstrike against the trailer-trash gone bad.

I hope the Homeland Defense can sort out this blatant attack by Canada!

Old November 3rd 03, 10:45 PM
Dudley Henriques

"Gene Storey" wrote in message
Probably an airstrike against the trailer-trash gone bad.

I hope the Homeland Defense can sort out this blatant attack by Canada!

In all the years I flew professionally and watched people I knew die in
airplanes, including some very close to me personally, I never quite
understood how a human being, totally unrelated to an incident and simply a
spectator or the receiver of news; nothing else; could arrive on the scene
after someone had been killed and offer to the world a sentiment as totally
thoughtless and downright cruel as you have done here. Thank God people like
you are a minority in our business.
You will never know how grateful I am that I don't know you.
Dudley Henriques
International Fighter Pilots Fellowship
Commercial Pilot/ CFI Retired
For personal email, please replace
the z's with e's.
dhenriquesATzarthlinkDOTnzt

Old November 3rd 03, 10:58 PM
Paul Hirose

A fairly detailed article in the L.A. Daily News says the crashed
plane was a 1953 Canadair T-33, tail number N99192, and was based at
the Van Nuys airport. The pilot (believed to be a doctor, name
unknown) was the only person killed. One person on the ground suffered
minor burns.

Some witnesses reported seeing the plane "flip" after cresting a hill
near the trailer park, then dive into the ground.

http://www.dailynews.com/Stories/0,1...740969,00.html

TV reports say the area was cordoned off due to the danger from
ejection seat pyrotechnics.

http://www.nbc4.tv/news/2604584/detail.html

--

Paul Hirose
To reply by email delete INVALID from address.
Old November 3rd 03, 11:01 PM
Bob McKellar

Dudley Henriques wrote:

[...]

If you look at the rest of Mr. Storey's other recent posts, you should not be
surprized by this one. He is at least consistent.

Bob McKellar

Old November 3rd 03, 11:10 PM
Tex Houston

"Bob McKellar" wrote in message
If you look at the rest of Mr. Storey's other recent posts, you should not

be
surprized by this one. He is at least consistent.

Bob McKellar

Just this afternoon I had removed him from my 'Block Sender' list along with
several others for whom I could not remember the reason for blocking. He
lasted less than thirty minutes.

Tex

Old November 4th 03, 12:14 AM
Dudley Henriques

"Tex Houston" wrote in message

"Bob McKellar" wrote in message
If you look at the rest of Mr. Storey's other recent posts, you should

not
be
surprized by this one. He is at least consistent.

Bob McKellar

Just this afternoon I had removed him from my 'Block Sender' list along

with
several others for whom I could not remember the reason for blocking. He
lasted less than thirty minutes.

Tex

Just some random comments on how things like this related to the airshow
scenario.

In the airshow business, and indeed in any scenario involving the use of
high performance airplanes, it's an unfortunate by product that the nature
of that scenario sometimes brings these roaches out of the woodwork. As I
said, thank God they're in the minority. In my experience,most seem to have
a common denominator; they're usually always spectators, not participants.
They watch what takes place with some kind of weird prurient interest,
waiting for something to go wrong. Then, with their interest satisfied, they
run home to tell everybody in sight "You'll NEVER guess what I just
saw??????"
In almost every case, these disgusting excuses for human beings are people
who are commenting about those who possess talent and ability that they
themselves will never know. During my tenure it was actually a joke around
the circuit that if one of us happened to dig a hole ten feet deep in the
middle of show because a control cable snapped, some moron who had
absolutely nothing in common with what had just happened other than the
sheer fact that he was present for the event would be out there by the wreck
before the body had been removed telling the whole f*****g world just what
it was we did wrong. God we hated these people! They're the kind who always
show up after the crash just in time to roast their marshmallows on the
burning wreckage!
This being said, most of the people who fit the description of "spectator"
or "enthusiast" are decent, good people who come out for the thrill of
watching a show or a demonstration and take a genuine interest in both the
airplanes and those of us flying them.
Some of these nice folks even develop into a sort of cult for individual
pilots and their planes. One instance that comes to mind immediately would
be Jim and Katie Ford; two wonderful old folks who had a camper and went to
every airshow the Thunderbirds flew for many years. Every member of several
teams knew Jim and Katie and would actually watch for them at various
events. So highly was the mutual friendship and respect generated between
the team and these two wonderful old people that both Jim and Katie were
made honorary Thunderbirds......and I mean officially....not some PR thing,
but by the Air Force!
I could tell you stories all day long about the nice people we met and knew
when I was flying. I won't waste any more bandwidth discussing this one case
we have here of arrested development.
He's just not worth our time.
All the best as always,
Dudley

Old November 4th 03, 01:50 AM
Gene Storey

"Dudley Henriques" wrote

In all the years I flew professionally and watched people I knew die in
airplanes, including some very close to me personally, I never quite
understood how a human being, totally unrelated to an incident and simply a
spectator or the receiver of news; nothing else; could arrive on the scene
after someone had been killed and offer to the world a sentiment as totally
thoughtless and downright cruel as you have done here. Thank God people like
you are a minority in our business.

Probably comes from my having to kill so many people while in the Army,
that life has no meaning. I've also questioned why we had to kill them
one by one, instead of wholesale like Col Tibbets did.

You will never know how grateful I am that I don't know you.

Ditto, I'm sure, at least for your families sake.

Dudley Henriques
International Fighter Pilots Fellowship
Commercial Pilot/ CFI Retired
For personal email, please replace
the z's with e's.
dhenriquesATzarthlinkDOTnzt

Signatureless.

Old November 4th 03, 02:32 AM
MLenoch

"Gene Storey"

wrote: I've also questioned why we had to kill them
one by one, instead of wholesale like Col Tibbets did.

Can I sell this line to Oliver Stone? It would sound great in one of his
bizzare movies.
Thx in advance,
VL