funny(?) GPS NOTAM

Old August 15th 04, 03:09 PM
Kyler Laird

Default funny(?) GPS NOTAM

Getting ready for some flights today I noticed this.
Kansas City Center (Olathe KS) [ZKC]: August NOTAM #19
issued by Gps Notam OA [GPS]
GPS unreliable within a 350 nautical miles radius of
TRUTH or CONSEQUENCES VORTAC (TCS) at FL400, decreasing
in area with decrease with altitude to 300 nautical
miles radius at FL250, 235 nautical miles radius at
10,000 feet mean sea level, and 220 nautical miles
radius at 4000 feet above ground level. effective from
August 17th, 2004 at 09:00 PM EST (0408180200) - August
17th, 2004 at 11:00 PM EST (0408180400)

I find the defining location humorous.

--kyler
Old August 15th 04, 04:40 PM
Don Tuite

On Sun, 15 Aug 2004 14:09:13 GMT, Kyler Laird
wrote:

Getting ready for some flights today I noticed this.
Kansas City Center (Olathe KS) [ZKC]: August NOTAM #19
issued by Gps Notam OA [GPS]
GPS unreliable within a 350 nautical miles radius of
TRUTH or CONSEQUENCES VORTAC (TCS) at FL400, decreasing
in area with decrease with altitude to 300 nautical
miles radius at FL250, 235 nautical miles radius at
10,000 feet mean sea level, and 220 nautical miles
radius at 4000 feet above ground level. effective from
August 17th, 2004 at 09:00 PM EST (0408180200) - August
17th, 2004 at 11:00 PM EST (0408180400)

I find the defining location humorous.

Better'n DEATH VALLEY.

Don

Old August 16th 04, 08:09 PM
Kyler Laird

"Andrew Koenig" writes:

I find the defining location humorous.

Truth or Consequence is the actual name of a town in New Mexico.

I misspoke. I don't find the location humorous on its own. I find the
location of such testing humorous.

--kyler
Old August 16th 04, 11:55 PM
Gene Seibel

"Andrew Koenig" wrote in message ...
I find the defining location humorous.

Truth or Consequence is the actual name of a town in New Mexico.

The name incidentally comes from a 1940’s game show on the
radio. The person hosting the show, Ralph Edwards, put out an appeal
to ask if any small town in America would be prepared to change its
name to that of the game show. The town of Riverbend accepted and
every year since Ralph Edwards has visited the town to celebrate the
name change, and for the town to have a weekend long party.
--
Gene Seibel
Confessions of a Pilot - http://pad39a.com/publishing/
Old August 17th 04, 06:10 AM
Gene Seibel

Kyler Laird wrote in message ...
"Andrew Koenig" writes:

I find the defining location humorous.

Truth or Consequence is the actual name of a town in New Mexico.

I misspoke. I don't find the location humorous on its own. I find the
location of such testing humorous.

--kyler

It's near White Sands Missle Range.
--